PDA

View Full Version : Power Supply Board

ebrown17
10-10-2013, 10:30 AM
I have a c series machine that will not turn on..........no power. I went to the parts store to try and order a new power supply board assembly and it tells me "This product is unavailable or temporary disabled". What is the deal with this, has anybody else run into this? I now have a useless machine because I cannot get parts to fix it. I'm starting to understand the frustration from all the other users who have lost their patience with this machine as well. Are we able to buy parts from someone other than Carvewright?

bergerud
10-10-2013, 10:45 AM
Give them a call.

aokweld101
10-10-2013, 10:50 AM
I'm not to familiar with this problem, to help with this maybe some one can help you with some more info. is the machine led light on or is it not turning on at all.

ebrown17
10-10-2013, 10:53 AM
Right now, not turning on at all. The last time I had tried, the panel started to boot up as normal, flickered a few times, than went dead. Since then, I've not been able to get any power to the machine. After reading through the forum, it seems as if this problem is coming from the power supply board.

aokweld101
10-10-2013, 11:00 AM
sounds like a big ot ohhh..I would give LHR a call.

ebrown17
10-10-2013, 11:14 AM
I did talk to them, which somewhat only made me a little more frustrated. All they have available is "reconditioned boards", which I guess at the end of the day hopefully fixes my problem. However, the frustration stems from paying this much for a machine and not being able to get new parts. Either they have a bigger problem with these boards than they would like to admit, have an inadequate purchasing system that allows them to set up a safety stock based on lead times to get new commodities, or do not have the revenue within the company to carry adequate parts inventory. Either way, kind of frustrated I guess..............not like I can go down the block to get a new one.............they have a captive audience.

henry1
10-10-2013, 11:20 AM
I have one here if you need it they are new

ebrown17
10-10-2013, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the offer. Seeing the recondition board was all they have, I felt I had no choice other than pick one up. Would anyone care to tell me what a new board would run? I asked, but was told they could not see the price of a new board because they didn't have one............seemed like a pretty fishy answer to me. Is it the vibration that shortens the life of these boards?

fwharris
10-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Have you gone through to check all connections on the machine starting with the connectors at the on/off switch?

ebrown17
10-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I did "push" on all connections to make sure they were not loose, I did not take them apart, clean them, and snap back together though.

lynnfrwd
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
Currently, the new power supply is $60 more than reconditioned. You get $40 rebate on new or used, when you send the old one in with form filled out. He could not see the price, just as he said.

CNC Carver
10-10-2013, 12:38 PM
Power supplies can be fixed by local TV shop. Usually loose connection on the capicitor which vibrates loose. If you look very closely with magnifine glass You could probably get it fixed. They are a pretty common power supply board. Lots of parts are available from other sources.

henry1
10-10-2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the offer. Seeing the recondition board was all they have, I felt I had no choice other than pick one up. Would anyone care to tell me what a new board would run? I asked, but was told they could not see the price of a new board because they didn't have one............seemed like a pretty fishy answer to me. Is it the vibration that shortens the life of these boards?
they are around 190.00 or less the last time I heard or more I know their price are going up

lynnfrwd
10-10-2013, 01:41 PM
they are around 190.00 or less the last time I heard or more I know their price are going up

Last price increase on this part to our customers was Feb. 2012. Can't say the same for cost to us.

Digitalwoodshop
10-10-2013, 01:48 PM
Lots of posts and pictures by me of the L2 Coil problem of the past.... do a search.

I have not seen a "C" power supply board up close but a power supply is a power supply...

AL