PDA

View Full Version : Another Machine

ktjwilliams
10-04-2013, 06:38 PM
Well I picked up a second machine 2 dayz ago,,, I must enjoy punishment .... I hate how much these machines act up and give U headaches and frustration ... But like many others here, I'M AN ADDICT !!!!! Picked up an A machine with only 4 hrs on it ... It already has the 14 pin FCC, came with a new power supply also .. think I did ok at $ 450 ... Machine ran very good,,, pretty smooth and quiet even with a QC ... Hopefully Dan's ER's will be in soon !!!!!

unitedcases
10-04-2013, 06:51 PM
That does sound like a good deal. Nice.

aokweld101
10-04-2013, 07:15 PM
That does sound like a good deal did you run after you gave him the money....just kidding that was a steal...lol:rolleyes:

fwharris
10-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Good pick up sir!!

ktjwilliams
10-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Was an OK deal .... It is still an A machine... So it was a little bit of a gamble... All I checked where I picked it up was through the menu ,, Sensor check Etc.... The flash card writer was missing.. Should-a brought my flash card with a simple thing on it and a small piece of wood just to make sure it started up and would actually carve ... So in the end I think it was a fair deal for both of us ... Plus I saved him the shipping problem .... That's a real pain in the *** .....

SteveEJ
10-04-2013, 10:00 PM
I think you will do fine with it.. I wish I had more time. Off again next week if the politicians get their act together!

papawbummie
10-08-2013, 08:19 PM
I am having problem with y axis, I check y axis reading with truck pushed over to key pad side ,got reading 33.397 was wonderiing if that is correct.Sound like that may be wrong Wondering what reading should be If that is wrong ,how do i set it correct Thanks Bert

bergerud
10-08-2013, 08:38 PM
The y axis reading at the keypad side should be near 0.000 or -0.125 if you push it right over. Your reading seems wild to me. 33 inches is crazy.

papawbummie
10-08-2013, 08:43 PM
That what i thought too Is there a way to reset it or call carvewright tomorrow Thanks

badbert
10-08-2013, 09:02 PM
does the value change when you move it? Is the encoder working?

papawbummie
10-09-2013, 08:37 AM
Good morning Yes it does The z code changes fine, Thanks Bert

unitedcases
10-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Have really read thru the thread but maybe with the machine on move the truck and wiggle the ffc cable. Have seen those go bad and the only way to tell is by doing that. Pay attention to your numbers at the extreme ends of travel.

papawbummie
10-09-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks.will try that Bert

zan29
10-09-2013, 03:29 PM
I'm looking into buying another machine but unfortunately, I'm not sure it will be a CW. Been having so many problems for the past month ($$$), it's not very tempting. I will shop around for sure before I make a decision. Thank God I live close the US border cause those shipping costs would have been a disaster for my wallet! Why don't they have a Canadian distributor in Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal???

mtylerfl
10-09-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm looking into buying another machine but unfortunately, I'm not sure it will be a CW. Been having so many problems for the past month ($$$), it's not very tempting. I will shop around for sure before I make a decision. Thank God I live close the US border cause those shipping costs would have been a disaster for my wallet! Why don't they have a Canadian distributor in Toronto, Ottawa or Montreal???

Why not call CarveWright and talk to someone directly regarding company policies and any issues along those lines?

The user forum is really for helping each other, sharing projects and patterns, posting cool pics of our projects, offering tips, etc. It just seems to me your post is a little out-of-school for the intent of this or any other similar user forum. My intent is not to offend, but to direct you to perhaps a more appropriate and productive avenue for specific company policy questions. I hope this helps.

lynnfrwd
10-09-2013, 05:33 PM
Zan...I know we've talked to you several times about patterns & software, but I don't see any notes where we have assisted you with troubleshooting your machine. I see you've ordered ALL kinds of parts on your own. Might be better to troubleshoot with a hardware tech than to keep throwing parts at it hoping one will resolve the issue. I see your past project where the carving was off in the y direction and that may have been as easy as re-tentioning your y-belt.

Call a hardware tech.

zan29
10-10-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm not throwing parts everywhere Lynn. I always refer to the troubleshooting section of CW and so far I was able to pinpoint the problem. And yes I have called tech support in the past and unfortunately I was not able to get a straight answer (software). I have seen some posts about members complaining and looking into buying a different brand. My intention was not to offend someone or CW, I'm just very disappointed that's all. Lately, I fix or repair one problem and another one comes up. I take care of my CW like a baby. And if I remember well, once your warranty is over, tech support may apply a charge for troubleshooting....am I right or wrong here?? By the way, the reason I ordered so many parts is just for "in case something breaks" and cut down on shipping charges. I'm trying to get an appropriate inventory of spare parts because I'm running a business and have deadlines. Also, I have to mention that RogerB and Henry have been a great help to me. We live in the same town!

zan29
10-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Also I have to say that the members of the forum are awesome, taking the time to answer my questions and giving me advice......