PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a flex-shaft core!

badbert
10-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Right after Connie posted the pierce tutorial... I used it and forgot to add feather... while trying to pierce .8" thick, Brazilian Cherry! I'll post pictures later... but let's just say that self-destruction was evident! Those little plastic gears in the Z and Y drives never gave out! I was carving a cross, and it actually carved it well... until it got to the inside corner. The bit was so stuck in the wood, I actually broke it and had to beat it out. It had pulled the bit almost out of the split collet (we are not supposed to use because "YES" they will let go of the carbide bit!) then snapped the Z-belt and finally twisted off the motor end of the flexshaft! Epic Fail caused by user error/careless project design! I am positive had it been any other wood, I would have gotten away with it! But not with Brazilian Cherry! LOL

SO I have been able to repair everything except the Flexshaft core. If anyone has a melted Flexshaft they replaced, I would be interested in the Core. Does LHR sell the core separate or do I have to buy the whole assembly?

fwharris
10-02-2013, 12:06 AM
Hit Lawrence up he posted he had some extra flex shafts...

bergerud
10-02-2013, 12:20 AM
That is a good question though. Can you just buy the core. If I remember right, you can. You cannot just buy the sheath or the spring because if the sheath melts the core is shot and the spring is too hard to ship. That is what I think I remember!

Chris77089
10-02-2013, 08:54 AM
We do sell the cores separate but they are a call in item to get and not listed on our online store.