PDA

View Full Version : carving faces

butch 4195
09-30-2013, 06:42 PM
trying to carve face and I am not doing so well about ready to forgetabout it !!!!!:(

mtylerfl
09-30-2013, 10:37 PM
trying to carve face and I am not doing so well about ready to forgetabout it !!!!!:(

Hi Butch,

Couple things...

1) You posted in the Test Forum and it's unlikely you'll get much response. This type of post would get more action in either the "techniques" section or the "Patterns/Pattern Help" section

2) For a response that makes any sense, you need to provide specific details of what you are trying to accomplish and what you've tried so far. Just stating you're not doing well and about to give up doesn't give us much to go on in order to help you. Maybe even post a photo or two of what you've already done and an MPC so we can take a look and give you some pointers.

3) There are a couple Tips & Tricks PDF's that might be helpful for you to get some direction on carving photos (faces) on wood. Browse the Tips archive on the CW website for those. I assume you were not at the last CW Conference...there was an EXCELLENT presentation on carving photos on wood and making a good income from that. The basic technique is described in one of the Tips articles.