PDA

View Full Version : making a pattern

aokweld101
09-28-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm trying once again on a pattern I've made a few but I'm wanting to make the pattern with the rainbow as in individual sweeps or as a puff to get more of the sun ray look I have played with this awhile and I've done played myself out on it.. some information would be nice to add to my arsenal of knowledge... thanks

bergerud
09-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Here is a rail sweep. (1.187)

ladjr
09-28-2013, 11:46 PM
Very nice job.

Does anyone have a large M&M.

Thanks

aokweld101
09-29-2013, 07:52 AM
on using the rail sweep do you do each of the rail sweeps individually on each of the colors? I'm glad you done the sweeps for me I need to know how to do this because I've needed the same things on different patterns and for future patterns, thank you bergerud.

bergerud
09-29-2013, 08:55 AM
No, it is just one rail sweep. I just drew the two outside curves, and with them selected, chose rail sweep and just drew a cross section curve with four "wiggles". (For rail sweep, the cross section curve automatically gets scaled to fit between the to curves.) Play around with the cross section curve. My "wiggles" may be too exaggerated.

bergerud
09-29-2013, 10:04 AM
I have a question for someone who has looked at the mpc who does not have the 2d advanced license. Do you see the board with the tracing image on it or do you just see a regular board with a rail sweep? Is there a colored pot of gold and a rainbow on the board?

The reason I ask is that if you do see the tracing image, then people with the 2d license could be of some service to people without it.

racer
09-29-2013, 10:29 AM
When I first load it there is a colored pot of gold and a rainbow on the board? when I Toggle Texture I see only the rail sweep.
no 2D

bergerud
09-29-2013, 10:42 AM
That is good. It means that if you want to trace a bitmap and do not have the 2d tools, someone who does have the tools could set it up for you. Another handy "forum" service.

aokweld101
09-29-2013, 12:11 PM
We are all here for the knowledge to learn the programs. When I get done with it I'll gladly post it

aokweld101
09-29-2013, 04:42 PM
I have to admit I'm a slow learner after 90 minutes and pushing a lot of the buttons over and over, I went back to the post that bergerud wrote and reread it and figured it out right away it had to something with the squiggles, I had to learn this myself by pushing the buttons and by you doing the sweeps for me made me understand, thanks again bergerud

aokweld101
09-29-2013, 06:13 PM
OK , I done the outline to what I think I want, but I'm lost again How do I do like a puff to the pot and around the coins ? and I can't seem to get the control points to connect. wrong pattern on the first download Opps!

bergerud
09-29-2013, 06:58 PM
That is a tough one. Puff always has the boundaries at the same level. You want the top of the pot to higher than the bottom. I would try sweep on the curve you have.

aokweld101
09-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Bergerud,I played with the pattern and got pretty close to what I was looking for, I couldn't download it the file was to big even after I deleted half the pattern I think LHR needs to up the size of the files that can be loaded on the forum. That could help us in learning the programs

bergerud
09-29-2013, 11:04 PM
I agree, the puffed files get very large. It is annoying to have to make them into patterns just to upload them. I played for awhile with sweep and you can get some cool results.