PDA

View Full Version : An update...

GVigue
09-27-2013, 06:24 PM
I received my CW two days ago. Unfortunately I have already had a bad experience with this purchase. I ordered my CW through Home Depot. I bought the identical system they offer on the CarveWright website that includes free Designer 2.0 (which I reasonably assumed came with it anyway). It didn't... I received the free trial version. I called customer service and the best solution they could come up with was to return this unit to Home Depot then order a new unit through them directly. Well now this is just absurd. To compound my frustration, I purchased Centerline and Conforming Vectors yesterday to find they are on sale today.

I don't understand why a company would ruin a good product with poor customer service. It doesn't make sense and I didn't expect that kind of response based on other's experiences here in these forums. Maybe there's been a mistake and someone could look in to this for me.

fwharris
09-27-2013, 06:36 PM
I think when you ordered your machine with designer 2.0 you should of received an email with the license code to activate it. You will need to go to the CarveWright web site to down load the software from the link provided in the email.

Just a hint, if you are calling in to customer support and have an issue/question you feel you are not getting a response you feel is appropriate feel free to ask for a higher level of support.

fwharris
09-27-2013, 07:06 PM
I just took a look at HomeDepot for the CarveWright and see that machines sold through them (and probably other outlets) does not include the Designer 2.0 software. If you purchased the machine through the store the sales rep might of given you incorrect information about the 2.0 software being included with the machine.

GVigue
09-27-2013, 07:49 PM
The point is, if they are providing Designer 2.0 with this bundle, they should honor it through their authorized distributors as well. I think it is poor business to take the sale away from their distributor (Home Depot) and stick them with the shipping cost twice - as the only alternative for me to get the Designer 2.0 version as advertised on CarveWright's website. I don't operate that way. I will contact Home Depot's Atlanta office and discuss the situation with them before I stick them with all this shipping cost. I want to make sure they understand the situation and let them have the opportunity to resolve this. Nothing is going to happen before Monday though so in the mean time I wish everyone good health and a great weekend!