PDA

View Full Version : Compucarve A for Sale in Southern NJ-SOLD

Split
09-26-2013, 02:09 PM
Hi everyone, I have a CompuCarve A that I bought reconditioned from Carvewright back in 2009, and it really never did what I want. I had only put about 20 hours into it when I started having serious power supply issues, which got it shelved for several months. If you search for my posts, you'll find the thread where I asked the community for help with this a couple of years ago. I eventually paid about $150 to get a new power supply which fixed the issues, but by then I had already bought a Taig CNC, and really only used the Compucarve to make MDF jigs for the Taig. I'm sure I have a few new bits with the machine, but I can't check, so assume it doesn't come with any bits, and there's a good chance you'll get some as a bonus.

This thing has been sitting in the original packaging for about a year and a half now. It worked fine before I boxed it up, but obviously these are hobby grade machines, and they need TLC to make up for the cost difference.

The machine is located in my dad's garage in Hammonton, NJ, zip code 08318. I would prefer pickup, but I could be talked into shipping it. Like I said, it's in the original box and styrofoam, has the bit removal tool, the memory card, the card writer, the software CD and documentation. I don't remember how many hours are on it, but I'm sure it's less than 150 total. Belts, gears, screws and everything are in good condition. May need some new ball bearings in the flex shaft, probably needs some lubrication and clean up, but again, the cost savings usually mean putting in some TLC.

I generally use paypal, so I can accept all major credit cards as well as paypal payments. Cash on pickup may be negotiable. Checks on pickup are too risky, sorry.
Let me know if you have any questions! Thanks!

Asking $450.

Sold! Thanks everyone

ktjwilliams
09-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Check your PM !!

Split
09-28-2013, 05:57 PM
Check your PM !!
Replied right before the update kicked in. Let me know if it didn't go through.