PDA

View Full Version : Off topic

TerryT
09-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Wow, that fall equinox is quick. It has been 90-95-ish all summer and up to about a week ago. It was 39 degrees this morning.

Fresh veggies for every meal! Cobblers and homemade shortcakes with whipped cream and fresh berries from the garden picked that day! Man, am I going to miss it. Oh well, the grapes, pears and other stuff is ready now. In our climate apples, grapes, pears, etc, all come at the end of September, and best after the first frost. The koi are all trying to store up fat for the winter as well!

lynnfrwd
09-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Those photos are awesome. I am soooo jealous of your garden. My raised beds fried about a month ago, but NEVER looked that healthy!

TerryT
09-26-2013, 11:33 AM
As is the case with most back yard gardeners, there is much more stuff than the two of us could possibly use. The cherry trees didn't even get pick properly this year. We called all the kids to come and get what they wanted. Still have lots of canned stuff from last year. The neighbors are still being polite and accepting the zucchinni and cucumbers. But I think they have about had enough. They are starting to hide when they see Kathy go out to pick stuff! LOL

rcdages
09-26-2013, 11:33 AM
Wonderful looking garden Terry.

Love the Koi photos also.