PDA

View Full Version : Trouble shooting Designer Software Issues in Windows 7 Environment

hsilio
09-24-2013, 07:58 PM
Hello all. I purchased the mill for our school one year ago and have enjoyed the mill and the software immensely.
At the time of purchase we were running Windows XP. Our school network assigns each child a login name and password. Our network is administered by an Administrator, I have no administrative priveledges. Additionally Windows XP creates a seperate profile for each student upon login. After instaling Designer on the student workstations and registering the software, I noticed that I need to reregister each time a student logged in. Not very convenient or efficient. And since I use a seperate CAD software to produce our STL's I just lived with it and moved on, but was able to convert the stl's to tool paths on my computer and login.

Last week, we updated to Wndows 7. The computer ID had been updated and I had reregistered the software. However when I ran the software I got an error message that some files are missing and I need to reinstal. After a few instals/ uninstals/instals, my network admin tech was able to run the software as an adminstrator. I cannot get it to run under my priveledges, but the software works fine run as administrator, however, I cannot run it as administrator, as I am not allowed to. This is not a very convenient way to run this software.

Any thoughts/sugestions?
Thanks in advance,
Herbert Silio64871

fwharris
09-24-2013, 08:59 PM
Not much help but I have the same issue. Hope software techs can help you out as all attempts on my end failed. This happened to me when the update version was 1.18? and ever since then I have to run as admin. No real problem for me but I can see who it would be in a school environment. I am also guessing your Admin. can not set "special privileges" for the students either.

lynnfrwd
09-24-2013, 09:17 PM
Did you click the Use Educator licensing box on install?

hsilio
10-14-2013, 09:50 PM
Yes, it appears as if it is a problem with one of our permissions not allowing me full rights, not an instalation issue. It only is happening on my mobile laptop. Thanks for the replies