PDA

View Full Version : 2 puzzling problems

chkorte
09-24-2013, 06:06 PM
There are 2 things that are bugging me. The first has to do with pattern designer 1.187. At times when I’m working in pattern designer I will go to open one of my designs in my folder, I click on the mpc then go back to designer. When I get back in designer there is a pop up window saying the mpc can’t be found. It does the same thing no matter how many times I try. However, if I close designer, then go into my projects folder and click to open the exact same mpc it opens designer and then opens the mpc with no problem. This has happened with more than one mpc. Just wondering if anyone knows why?
The second thing has to do with the attached photo of a carving. You can see in the photo that ¾” on both ends was cared offset about ¼”, down on the left side, up on the right. Anyone have any idea why? The machine is a CC, B model with a RC and 25 hours.

bergerud
09-24-2013, 06:22 PM
I do not know about the file thing. That has not happened to me. As for the shift in the carve, it looks to me like the y belt slipped. One tooth on one and two teeth on the other. I would check the tension in the y belt and the sharpness of the carving bit.

chkorte
09-24-2013, 06:39 PM
I'll do that, thanks.

gashawk
09-24-2013, 09:24 PM
The first has to do with pattern designer 1.187. At times when I’m working in pattern designer I will go to open one of my designs in my folder, I click on the mpc then go back to designer. When I get back in designer there is a pop up window saying the mpc can’t be found.

Your computer is storing your mpc's in two different spots.