PDA

View Full Version : mac raster issues

jaroot
09-21-2013, 10:23 AM
Hi guys!

I recently changed computers from a dead PC to a Mac Mini and I don't seem to be able to do what I used to do with designer. My two current issues revolve around Overhang patterns and raster text.

I'm using version 1.187 of designer and while trying to create a sign similar to the on in "Tips and Tricks" from Mar08 most things seem to be inverted. My imported oval is deep and no mater what gray scale shade I use it is always recessed. And Raster text also seems to be inverted.

I don't believe that I've change any default settings to designer.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

lynnfrwd
09-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Some times it is just the illusion of being recessed. Change the lighting direction and rotate board to see for sure. Also use mouse location on bottom left to see depth.

If still inverted send email to software@carvewright.com.

jaroot
09-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Connie, thanks for the quick response. It was nice talking to you the other day, now I have a voice to put to lynnfrwd.

I went to save the file in question and it wouldn't save because I had applied some kind of trial 3D effect to one of the patterns so I removed the pattern and the inversion went away.

So I don't know if the trial 3d thing has a bug or if the actual 3d thing is the problem. but it looks like I'm back in business. So thanks for your help.

Well... I tried to recreate the problem and can't do it. Must be gremlins.

jaroot
09-21-2013, 12:13 PM
It was the tilt tool

lynnfrwd
09-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Good deal.