PDA

View Full Version : Flexshaft spring

unitedcases
09-20-2013, 04:40 PM
Spring keeps breaking. No heat buildup at all. Some say they dont use a spring. I would like to know what the masses think.

ktjwilliams
09-24-2013, 05:31 PM
I haven't used a spring in some time ....

bergerud
09-24-2013, 06:11 PM
It is called a silencing spring which does not sound that essential. I have not seen any other flex system use one in my research on the subject. I wonder why yours keeps breaking. Do you have a burr in the flex or the sheath?

unitedcases
09-24-2013, 06:20 PM
Original flex had 1500 plus hrs on it. Well lubed. The connection between the flex and the top hat wore on the flex side. So changed the top hat and went ahead and changed the entire flex assy. I thought it was time. New flex wouldnt break in at all. Pulled it and a piece of the spring had come off. So I made it work but in the end I put the old flex back in and no more problems. I think I am going to pull the spring and just not deal with it anymore.

ktjwilliams
09-30-2013, 11:31 AM
OK,,,, Silencing Thingy !!!! LOL !!! :mrgreen:

It is called a silencing spring which does not sound that essential. I have not seen any other flex system use one in my research on the subject. I wonder why yours keeps breaking. Do you have a burr in the flex or the sheath?