PDA

View Full Version : Can't seem to get 1 object to carve a region

albertk836
09-18-2013, 10:08 PM
I am creating an aircraft instrument face that will end up being a clock. I have it drawn out, the center circle (I called it "inside") I want at a depth of 1/4". The Depth indicator shows .25" but the image on the screen does not indicate the depth. When I go to save it on the memory card, it states there are hidden objects. There are two objects on the back side but there depth should not interfere. I have included the file so you can see it. It is something I am missing, but I am at a loss to find it.

Albert

fwharris
09-18-2013, 10:36 PM
It is a function of setting the merge features to the the right settings. For me most times it is a trial and error process as the reasoning to the process still alludes me :p!

The frame and outside is additive and inside subtractive.

I do not have my card to verify upload but it might be because of a zero carve region. You should get the option to upload?

aokweld101
09-18-2013, 10:37 PM
I think you have the merge on a minus or add is this what you wanted.

aokweld101
09-19-2013, 05:23 AM
I missed up on your pattern fwharris has it right, I looked to quik and didn't see the outside ring it had a .125 minus merge I apologize . I wanted to help and was to quik on the draw.

lawrence
09-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Im glad im not the only one that has trouble wrapping their heads around the whole merge and region within a region thing. I can usually eventually get the look I want, but not without some random depth/merge/group button pushing.

Lawrence

albertk836
09-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Thank You!

I thought I had played with that. I assume I did not get it in the correct order.
Thanks Again!
Albert