PDA

View Full Version : card unreadable

carpenter
09-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Ok inserted memory card turned on machine says card unreadable so I pressed enter screen reads fatal error 5 reboot machine so do I need to erase the card and upload again or what,ok after reading more on the display screen it says to reformat the card and re-upload project try to open flash manager and I can not open it after I opened it about 10 minutes prior to this help on this issue please

Old Salt
09-18-2013, 08:29 PM
put card back in reader and THEN HIT FORMAT , THEN LOAD PRODJECT.

chief2007
09-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Should reformatting the card not work, most likely the card is bad. If you inadvertently press/squeeze the card to hard when removing it from the card reader or machine, you can damage it. Try using duct tape and place a pull tab on the end of the card. This makes it easy to extract from the machine or card reader and eliminates the press/squeeze damage that may occur.

Also if you had some type of static discharge it can damage the card reader. At some time or another I think all of us has lost a memory card or will in the future.

Buy 2 from Lowes. $28.00 each - here is the link http://www.lowes.com/pd_76524-89707-CWMC1_0__?productId=3436958&Ntt=carvewright&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dcarvewright&facetInfo=