PDA

View Full Version : New guy......

Fred1956
09-17-2013, 10:40 PM
Got my new Carvewright last week, have had a kick so for, done some little projects, then jumped right into a 12' sign with a 9 hour carve. Then made a 2nd one just like it.

Solved a stuck front roller sensor issue by reading the manual (who'd a thought), I have about 20 hours on the machine now. Had an 'X axis stall' on my 2nd 9 hour carve....as luck would have it I'm not smart enough to do the pattern mod with a 0 carve depth area yet so it got to air carve a couple of times LOL but I'm working on it. I'm assuming dust in the rollers caused the stall but didn't see an issue for sure.

Getting the apparently common 'clear board sensor' I have blown & wiped till I'm blue in the face so I guess I need to pull the sensor & seal it up? no dust collector system but I'm going to remedy that tomorrow-probably RNB's setup, I've been stopping the carves every 20 minutes to clean out the dust & boy does that get old.

Anyway here I am so standby, I'll be the one asking all the questions......:-)

TerryT
09-18-2013, 06:32 AM
Welcome, it looks like you learned a couple quick lessons already. Make sure you post pictures of your signs!

JoeinWestMich
09-18-2013, 07:17 AM
Fred, you are right on regarding the dust collection system. I was getting that regularly too even though using a Festool vacuum system. I upgraded to a cyclone vacuum and have had zero problems since then (i also vacuum out the inside after each carve with the Festool). Sounds as if you are having a good time.

rcdages
09-18-2013, 08:27 AM
What ever you do get a D/C set up on your machine, it will be a world of different.

Fred1956
09-18-2013, 09:23 AM
I posted pictures of the first projects here Thanks
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?24049-Sign-amp-plaque-first-timer-projects&p=211912#post211912

fwharris
09-18-2013, 09:16 PM
Fred,

Welcome and thanks for the order. It will ship out tomorrow. You will enjoy the more time carving and less time cleaning, promise!!

Digitalwoodshop
09-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Before you start the next project you can test the board sensor. Place a sheet of white paper on a board and crank down. On the keypad, options, sensor data, board sensor. A 156 is perfect... a 90 a dirty sensor...

AL

Fred1956
09-18-2013, 10:34 PM
Before you start the next project you can test the board sensor. Place a sheet of white paper on a board and crank down. On the keypad, options, sensor data, board sensor. A 156 is perfect... a 90 a dirty sensor...

AL
I have done that test, best I could get on white paper was a 20......... I pulled the sensor thinking it had dust on the inside of the glass but apparently the new 'C' versions have a sealed board sensor. It doesn't appear that you can remove the 'lens' to clean the inside...???? i ordered a new sensor for a spare, cable looked good as good as I could see

Fred1956
10-01-2013, 05:27 PM
FWIW It turned out to be the board sensor itself, got the new one installed and I'm back to making sawdust:D

TerryT
10-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Thats good news. Lets see some pictures!