PDA

View Full Version : A machine $500 low hours- NOT For Sale

diverdill
09-17-2013, 08:11 AM
I have an A machine for $500 plus shipping. I have centerline conforming vector STL and DFX and upgrade on Design I understand they can be loaded 2 times, I have used one.
The machine works good just not what I want. I have purchased another model. I don't have the box but if its a big deal , I understand you can buy one from carvewright.

Thanks Susan

Dan-Woodman
09-17-2013, 08:16 AM
You can run your software on two computers, but the extra software is not tranferable to the new owner when you sell it.

CNC Carver
09-17-2013, 08:40 AM
Does the A machine have any upgrades? Carve tight or different spindle? Where are you located?

henry1
09-17-2013, 09:08 AM
I have an A machine for $500 plus shipping. I have centerline conforming vector STL and DFX and upgrade on Design I understand they can be loaded 2 times, I have used one.
The machine works good just not what I want. I have purchased another model. I don't have the box but if its a big deal , I understand you can buy one from carvewright.
were are you located US or Canada an any upgrade

Thanks Susan
were are you located US or Canada an any upgrade

diverdill
09-20-2013, 04:57 PM
no upgrade panama city fla

diverdill
09-21-2013, 07:16 AM
panama city fla no up grades 56 hr

ktjwilliams
09-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Don't think the software is transferable !!!! I think it's that the software can be used by you on 2 computers ... Anyone know for sure !!! CONNIE chime in please ... I would be interested if the Software can be transferred ...

bergerud
09-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Only Designer 1.187 is transferable after you transfer ownership of the machine with LHR.

lynnfrwd
09-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Bergerud is correct. Only 1.187.

Digitalwoodshop
09-23-2013, 12:06 AM
A $500.00 machine would be a GREAT 2nd machine for someone...

AL

jlkoehn
09-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Do you know what version the software is? If it is transferable consider it sold!!

lynnfrwd
09-23-2013, 03:21 PM
Designer 1.187 is all that is transferable. I agree with Al $500 is a good price for a second machine.

unitedcases
09-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Or 3rd or 4th. Very good price. I assume it runs well?

diverdill
09-23-2013, 04:25 PM
runs perfect just not what I need

Digitalwoodshop
09-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Do you know what version the software is? If it is transferable consider it sold!!

A used "A" machine can be very "Challenging" to a new owner... It really is not about the software, it's about the machine.

Many improvements have been made over the years and when a old "A" machine pops up you need to be aware of the potential issues.

Some of the things on the list may have already been addressed by the first owner and have been fixed...

1. The machine may have the old 18 pin FSC Cable system with the thinner wires. It was replaced with a 14 pin cable and the circuit boards on both ends. Be aware as a new owner that the 18 pin cable is not available and the LHR Order Tech should ask you if you have the old 18 pin based on your machine serial number. If they forgot and sent you a new 14 pin cable and you plugged in the wider wire connectors into the thinner pins in the socket it will short out the computer. It was posted that it did happen once before a policy change at LHR to ask.

2. Power Supply: It has a L2 coil that on a few circuit boards did not get enough glue to keep them from vibrating and snapping off.

3. The early Board Sensors had a bad habit of snapping the LED's off since the green circuit board was not glued to the black housing.

4. The Z Truck lower right rail roller bearing casting was made thinner that the other 3 ears. Since the Bearing Screw Head has a taper, this Wedge Effect was know to snap the bottom right bearing off. A Black Washer took the Wedge Stress effect off and was a GREAT Fix. Later and Current Castings of the truck were heavier and the now non used holes in the truck have been filled in.

So that is the top 4... Getting a "A" Machine is actually better for a "Seasoned" user.... Getting a New Warranty unit is better for a new user with the LHR Support System... Not to mention a pretty reliable "C" series machine takes much of the stress out of learning...

ALL the repair info to bring a "Cranky" Machine up to full reliability in HERE for the reading...

AL

diverdill
09-24-2013, 05:00 AM
thanks everyone but gonna keep it for now