PDA

View Full Version : Bars on screen

Dan-Woodman
09-12-2013, 10:09 AM
I haven't used my machine for maybe a month. A couple of weeks ago , our electricity went on and off a couple of times. Now I have only bars on the screen. Could there have been a spike in the elcetric that zaped my machine? I followed the troubleshooting guide checking for shorts, then the next thing it says is it's either the card or the controller. I took the bottom panal off checking all connections and tests per troubleshooting guide. Would it be worth it to try a new card first ?

badbert
09-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Format the card first.

CarverJerry
09-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Did you try and adjust the brightness for the screen?

Dan-Woodman
09-12-2013, 10:28 AM
Already been there , but thanks badbert. Also tried adjusting brightness, knob works , still bars.

bergerud
09-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Bent pins in the card connector?

Dan-Woodman
09-12-2013, 11:25 AM
All straight and clean.

Digitalwoodshop
09-12-2013, 02:57 PM
That normally tells you that the card is not installed....

Any chance you squeeze the card center back edge to pull it from the machine? I saw a report of a crushed card edge shorting the internal board. Many of us use a strip of tape on the card acting as a handle to tug it out.

Does the card work in your reader?

And like above, reformat the card.

AL

lynnfrwd
09-12-2013, 03:24 PM
May need to send your controller and memory card in for testing. :(

Dan-Woodman
09-13-2013, 11:31 AM
Al I have reformated the card and yes it does work in the reader and yes I do tend to sqeeze the card when I pull it out a little. If the card works in the reader , is there still a chance it would not work in the controller?
Thanks everyone for there input, and Connie , if I need to send these items in what does it cost to test them and replace if neccesary?

Digitalwoodshop
09-13-2013, 12:26 PM
Send you Power Supply TOO...

Before you remove the computer take a very close look at the MALE Pins on the side of the computer with a card OUT. I know this was suggested above but worth another look.

AL

lynnfrwd
09-13-2013, 01:41 PM
If you are not under warranty, a member of the CarversClub or have not paid an incident fee ($25) for this issue, then there is a $25 testing fee. It would cover testing of all three parts. Parts cost depends on which need to be replaced. We would already have the part, so we would just need you to send us the filled out rebate form and then we can go ahead and deduct the core charge from the price of the part. Controller would be most expensive part. Reconditioned after core charge deducted would be about $159, plus shipping back.

Dan-Woodman
09-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Thanks you so much. Where do I get the rebate forum?

lynnfrwd
09-14-2013, 08:17 AM
Go to Support > Manuals & Documents ... First section after manuals.