PDA

View Full Version : What parts do you keep on hand?

tedis
09-11-2013, 07:13 PM
I'm new CW user and live in Canada.

I want to know if anyone has a list of recommended parts to have on hand for maintenance and "just in case".
I just ordered the following: flexshaft, extra bits - carving and cutting, roller bearings - adjustable and fixed, carbon brush assembly and roller bearing sweepers

It takes 2 weeks to get parts here and I don't want my machine down for that long.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Trevor

Geomoo1
09-11-2013, 08:04 PM
I would add at least one more small item that is needed often; board sensor... HERE (http://store.carvewright.com/product.php?productid=16177&cat=254&page=1)
I personally have an extra FFC cable also. I am certain more will be posted.

henry1
09-11-2013, 08:07 PM
I'm new CW user and live in Canada.

I want to know if anyone has a list of recommended parts to have on hand for maintenance and "just in case".
I just ordered the following: flexshaft, extra bits - carving and cutting, roller bearings - adjustable and fixed, carbon brush assembly and roller bearing sweepers

It takes 2 weeks to get parts here and I don't want my machine down for that long.

Thanks in advance for your recommendations.

Trevor
Were are you in Canada I have quite a few parts here in Canada ontario

tedis
09-11-2013, 08:11 PM
I'm in Nova Scotia.

aokweld101
09-11-2013, 08:30 PM
I keep cut motor brushes the 14 pin ribbon, rollers, roller clips, board tracking sensor, board sensor, y and x belts, y and x nylon rollers x and y rails and z gears and board sensor wire clip and oil for the flexshaft I will say after a year of owning the machine only used 5 sets cut motor bushes two board sensors which one was my fault for not having a dust collector and one z gear and that is on two machines the two machines have a thousand hours between them.. and tore the sandpaper belt from a broken bit which I upgraded to the rubber belts.

tedis
09-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll start building my inventory of parts.

Digitalwoodshop
09-12-2013, 03:23 PM
And when you order a board sensor order one of the 4 wire cables that is connected to it... Some day when you have board sensor problems you can plug the spare cable into a new sensor and with the power off, plug it into the top connector of the machine. That will half split the troubleshooting as it can be the board sensor, cable, OR the ALL SO COMMON FSC Cable... as in a broken wire...

Makes troubleshooting quicker and it's CHEAP...

AL