PDA

View Full Version : Need help with tracking rollers

zan29
09-09-2013, 09:57 AM
I did all the tests on my machine this morning and my rear tracking roller seems to have a problem during the test. If I release, both are released. If I compress than only the front one says compressed. The troubleshooting section doesn't mention anything when one of them does not compress. Would it be that my head is not leveled properly?

aokweld101
09-09-2013, 10:16 AM
My guess is the tracking rollers needs to be blown out with air where the big plastic washes on the ends are, or the sensor is bad.

zan29
09-09-2013, 10:18 AM
Did that already, twice and still the same.

aokweld101
09-09-2013, 10:36 AM
when blowing the rollers did you turn the rollers at the same time of putting air on them ? something is stopping the rollers from being compressed or the sensor is bad.

bergerud
09-09-2013, 10:43 AM
You should be able to push the roller up by hand and hear the micro switch click. Keep blowing out the left side as you push it up and down. If that does not get it clicking, the switch is probability gone. (I noted in my early days that the rear roller gets dust fouled if you blow dust around in the machine while the roller is compressed.)

ktjwilliams
09-09-2013, 11:40 AM
I've adjusted these switches several times... Not hard to do ... There on the keypad side of the machine .. I had this problem several times and it's always just been a matter of adjustment of the switch lever thingy ... A little bend here a little bend there and presto ...

Digitalwoodshop
09-09-2013, 11:46 AM
Hear are pictures....

You must remove the Keypad side to properly access the roller switches. This is a RISKY thing as it is easy to RIP the Wires for the keypad....

In the relaxed position the roller rests on a flat plate that over time the sawdust builds up on and prevents the roller from dropping enough to let the switch drop into the hole. But you tell us that is is not showing compressed.... SO the switch is not dropping into the hole OR the switch contact is dirty or even a wire broken off the switch....

I loosened the screws holding the lower plate and cleaned my switch area out.

Picture 1 shows a sideways shot showing the roller un compressed and the switch tang in inside the slot showing un compressed.

AL

zan29
09-09-2013, 02:09 PM
Thanks for all the advice guys........!