PDA

View Full Version : Trying to buy online #@%^!!

Don Butler
09-07-2013, 02:27 PM
This is my second experience with the LHR online sales site.
A month or so ago I tried to buy an item online and when I got to the page on which one enters one's credit card data the program erased the information and returned the error message that the data fields were empty.
!! No kidding!!
Duh!
Well I tried and tried without any success, trying different formats for the card numbers. All numbers with no spaces, groups or four digits with spaces, groups of four with dashes, all with the same result- no go.
When I contacted LHR I was informed that I would have to call the office to resolve the problem.
Guess what happened this time?
The same rigmarole.
Only this time I need repair parts, and it's Saturday. Nobody minding the store on the weekend.
So is the only thing to do - call Monday so my parts get out even later?

By the way, I tried again because I naively thought it was just a glitch and it would be OK this time.
It makes me wonder why LHR can't get this straightened out.
d

aokweld101
09-07-2013, 05:29 PM
it probably wouldn't matter If you did get the order in this week end they don't open till Monday nobody is there to fill the order till then, it wouldn't be sent till Monday.. just order it Monday.

fwharris
09-07-2013, 05:36 PM
Just to verify, did you use your store login and did you click the little box asking that you accept the terms and conditions??

Don Butler
09-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Yes, I did all the things required.
I complained about this before, and they said they'd check into it, but I never got a reply.
d

lynnfrwd
09-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Try temporarily turning down or off you Internet security.

Don Butler
09-08-2013, 11:12 AM
I suppose that might work, but I have never had to do it when buying things from other Internet sites.

d

lynnfrwd
09-08-2013, 12:46 PM
I know. I know. Not sure why.

Still not shipping until Monday afternoon earliest.