PDA

View Full Version : Results of the shrimp and Petrolum festival this pass weekend

myshop1044
09-06-2013, 08:52 AM
It was a long one 3 1/2 days, but it was very good. It is funny you find the right person
to buy the right item and you never know when that is going to happen. I sold items that I have carried for some time
and I did not want to remake, so I lower the price and BAM! they sold.
I tried out some new items such as the paddles and slab carvings, they drew a lot of questions and I sold a few,
They thought I had glued the animals on to the paddles, they had to feel them.
I also have 3 or 4 possible machine sales based on the carvings. They are impressed when I tell everything in the tent
is made by me and 1 machine, that gets there attention.
here are some pics.
The LSU tiger in the middle of the tent, not placed there by accident, all 3 were sold to 1 lady that had a couple glasses of wine.
I have spent the last 3 days making 30 set of sports coasters for the next show on Saturday.

Perry B.

chebytrk
09-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Looks really great amigo! Sounds like you hit a home run! Congrats!

rcdages
09-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Pleased to hear that you did well.

One really never knows what people will buy or when.

Very nice display of your work.

Proctorw
09-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Very Nice. I am building inventory right now for the Fall Craft Season, mostly crosses. I am planning on taking orders for signs. I will bring my laptop, spend 5 minutes designing and if they like, take a deposit. I will ship them out within 2 weeks (at least that is the plan). Love your coasters, what did you carve them on?

myshop1044
09-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Proctorw, you may want predesign some signs on the laptop to be able to show them to the customer, that way all you have to do is add the text. Because if you are really selling, you want have time to design a sign on the spot. I know other vendors that do that.
The coasters are out of Corian 3/8". I am running out of material and may have to find some other material to keep going with the coasters.
I have been searching all over the internet for some 3/8" and it is very hard to fine. If anybody knows of a supplier of 3/8, please let me know or
maybe some other type of material that is light and carves well.
Thanks for the comments Jerry B. and RD

Perry B.

TerryT
09-06-2013, 01:48 PM
The booth looks good. Congrats on the sales. I enjoy doing the shows, just hate the lifting and carrying part! LOL

Proctorw
09-06-2013, 05:24 PM
Perry, one more question. I showed my wife the coasters and she really liked them. What type of paint do you use on the Corian?

myshop1044
09-06-2013, 06:39 PM
I use the Krylon in the can, it's a Acrylic latex enamel, then I use Krylon clear spray to seal the paint and give it
a nice shine. The nice part about painting the coasters is you don't have to be neat, just slop on the paint and it's ok
to paint outside the lines, cause when you buff it , the lettering will come out very sharp.

TurtleCove
09-06-2013, 07:44 PM
Proctorw, you may want predesign some signs on the laptop to be able to show them to the customer, that way all you have to do is add the text. Because if you are really selling, you want have time to design a sign on the spot. I know other vendors that do that.
The coasters are out of Corian 3/8". I am running out of material and may have to find some other material to keep going with the coasters.
I have been searching all over the internet for some 3/8" and it is very hard to fine. If anybody knows of a supplier of 3/8, please let me know or
maybe some other type of material that is light and carves well.
Thanks for the comments Jerry B. and RD

Perry B.

If the 3/8" Corian is a bust, and you think 3/8" wood will work for you....hit me up. I produce a ton of thin wood for the scrolling community, and it should be no problem making some 3/8" stock for you, of any species.

myshop1044
09-06-2013, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the offer, I did coasters in wood along time ago and they came out very well. All I did was put acoat of sealer to give them a shine. Why don,t you drop me an e-mail at pgbonin@yahoo.com and can talk more and maybe I ccould try some samples in cherry, oak or whatever.
Thanks again
Perry B

mtylerfl
09-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Very nice display of your work, and easy to see why you did well at the show! Who could resist buying something? Lots of great items there!