PDA

View Full Version : Vector Art Animal Collection

FINGERS
02-13-2007, 06:23 PM
Hi I was looking at the va3d animal ccollection and are interested in it has anyone took the big step and droped the buck's for it, look's like a good deal,my ? is do I need some back-up soft-wear to run it or does it come ready to go out the box. Thank You all I have been learning alot from this forum.

HandTurnedMaple
02-13-2007, 06:38 PM
I will get it in a few months, its a good price. There is nothing extra you need because VA3D provides .ptn files now. Just import them into Designer's library. In fact, there is 4x as much stuff as you will need since each piece comes in 4 formats, only 1 of which works with CarveWright.

FINGERS
02-13-2007, 07:31 PM
ya I have been looking at all the stuff out there and been going nuts trying to find something click and carve 3d so I will jump in the fire and get one I'm going to have to carve something nice for my wife before I tell her I got it,took a week to tell her about the machine she got wise after me running in and out of man place THE GARAGE and she busted me I had some splaning to do!but all is good after the 3dr carving it turned nice. thank's for the reply
mike

HandTurnedMaple
02-13-2007, 07:49 PM
My personal recommendation is don't get anything dished for your first pattern or two. The dishing causes a loss of detail at the edges. They have their place, but I would start with a Raised style first. They are the most impressive.

HandTurnedMaple
02-17-2007, 11:46 PM
As payment for building the bookcases for my mom's bookstore (I've mentioned the project here once or twice), she is paying me by buying the complete collection for me. As long as my CW will hold out, I am now officially a happy camper. :D

HandTurnedMaple
02-20-2007, 03:30 PM
Just got an email from VA3D. They have a new "Starter Collection" available. Might be a way to go for some.

http://www.vectorart3d.com/Starter-Coll/