PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Hot Rod file

CarverJerry
09-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I'm looking for a file that is of an old Hot Rod, something like this picture. I've got corvetts, mustangs, and a few other newer cars but nothing like the good 'ol Hot Rod. Can anyone help me out. If you message me I'll give you my email address (as I don't like posting it on public forums) if it is too large of a file to post here. I want to make a sign for the guy who fixed my car and his logo has one of these Hot Rods in it. It's a gift because he did such a fast turn around and kept the cost down for me. Thanks guys.

James RS
09-04-2013, 05:02 PM
This might work64462

CarverJerry
09-05-2013, 06:49 AM
James RS, yeah now that's what I was talking about. Have you carved this before, and if so how did it look? I'll give this a try. Thank you very much. Exactly what I love about our forum, you ask and you shall receive.

James RS
09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Glad you like it, but I've never carved it and I remembered I had some vector hotrods.
Hope it works and we expect pics

CarverJerry
09-07-2013, 03:03 PM
I'm going to carve it this week hopefully and I will post a pic of it. Thanks again.

CarverJerry
09-09-2013, 05:36 PM
James RS, you asked me to post a picture of that hot rod once I carved it. Here it is right off the machine. It is what I was looking for as far as type of car, but I wasn't impressed how it turned out. I didn't think it would be really good when I looked at it in designer as I couldn't see much depth details, but just thought I'd still give it a try. If anyone else has anything of a hot rod file and would be willing to share I would sure like to give it a swirl and see how it carves. Thanks

James RS
09-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Well we'll just have to see what we can do about that,ok I'm not having luck. So here's pic though
maybe one of our resident pattern makers can help

James RS, you asked me to post a picture of that hot rod once I carved it. Here it is right off the machine. It is what I was looking for as far as type of car, but I wasn't impressed how it turned out. I didn't think it would be really good when I looked at it in designer as I couldn't see much depth details, but just thought I'd still give it a try. If anyone else has anything of a hot rod file and would be willing to share I would sure like to give it a swirl and see how it carves. Thanks

EDIT: The pic I attached is larger than your original

blantz
09-09-2013, 06:44 PM
It looks like a coupe to me, maybe this will work.

CarverJerry
09-10-2013, 08:40 AM
Thank you B Lantz, I'll give that one a try and see how it looks. This is exactly what I like about our forum here, when you need help there is always someone willing to reach out. Thanks