PDA

View Full Version : Clear Board Sensor

flyingemt
09-02-2013, 03:39 PM
Ok, I have had my A model for several years. I replaced the board sensor with the new sealed model a couple years ago, periodically, I would have to hit it with compressed air to clean it and press on. Now, I have taken it out cleaned reinstalled and still same error. Trying to measure, I get edge detection failed. In compressed on board, running it across manually I get readings from 19 to 0. Solution? FSC cable or new sensor?

Also, when compressing now, the crank handle no longer "pops" when enough pressure is applied, any thoughts there?

Labor Day is now shot that I cant play in the shop! LOL....

Digitalwoodshop
09-02-2013, 09:46 PM
You hit on a good point... FSC Cable... Since the signal does go through the FSC Cable it could have a broken wire.. And with a "A" Machine you need to be extra careful.... IF you have the old 18 pin or wire and get a new 14 pin FSC Cable and plug it in, the WIDER pins of the 14 pin will SHORT OUT your Computer.... That is a $300.00+ fix... Look at the pictures.... You can't buy the 18 pin cable you need to buy the A907 KIT with a new 14 pin Cable AND 2 circuit boards, one for each end.

But if you already have the 14 pin cable then you can get one from LHR.

Next is the 4 wire cable between the board sensor and the upper circuit board. IF you pull the cable down when working with the board sensor the cable can slide along the side of the cable way and get CUT on the Sharp edge and Short out... 4 wires 2 Power and 2 Signal.

Sounds like the handle cranking, the machine needs a GOOD Cleaning.... All the rails, jacking screws, remove the crank handle and blow the dust out and light lubrication. Even oil the inside of the 4 sleeve bearings that the whole head moves up and down on and the jacking screws.

Now the Board Sensor Test.... Cranked Down on a Board and place a sheet of white paper on the board. A 156 is a Great number... Less... Dusty inside lens, it could be a broken LED or LED's too on the Sensor. IF your still using a QC and way past WORN OUT, as in BB Marks in the Bit Holders... The QC Vibration can kill a new sealed board sensor too... LED's snap off...

YOU can buy that 4 wire cable... Recommended as if you had one NOW and a new Sensor I would have you plug it in on top of the machine and this 1/2 splits the troubleshooting. This could be a bad FSC Cable too... Board Test with White Paper and flex the FSC Cable and see if the numbers come back...

AL