PDA

View Full Version : trying to grasp pattern

aokweld101
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I made a pattern that has where the two screens show up to modify a pattern, after you get what you want for a pattern how do you get it from there to your favorites to a board somehow I'm just not getting it...thanks

eelamb
09-01-2013, 10:07 PM
Click File and save pattern to library, you will be asked for the favorites folder to save it under. Choose the folder and the name, and click save.

bergerud
09-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I assume you are talking about the Pattern Editor (PE). To save to your favorites list, you "Save Pattern to Library..." under the "File" menu. You have to give it a name and then it will be in your favorites list.

aokweld101
09-01-2013, 10:13 PM
whew..I have the pattern saved its saved into the import image file where you save it and that is where I'm getting lost at...

aokweld101
09-01-2013, 10:55 PM
OK, I have gotten that far now this is the question that I have, how do I get that file to come up where it is on the patterns side where that has the overlay for the pattern that was saved into pattern editor ? I hope I explained that right.

ktjwilliams
09-01-2013, 11:08 PM
When U have the pattern in pattern editor, Choose " SAVE TO LIBRARY " U can select and name a new category or U can choose an existing category.. Highlight the category and it will show whats in that category ( if not new ).. U name ur pattern in the space at the bottom and it will be placed into the category U selected .... Open designer, open ur patterns, select the category U save the pattern to and VALLA there it is .....

aokweld101
09-01-2013, 11:32 PM
this is the pattern I'm trying to do so now I'm asking how to get the puff tool to light up

bergerud
09-02-2013, 12:22 AM
What you have there is just a pattern. The puff tool works on closed curves. You would have to do a lot of tracing to create all the closed curves for this pattern. I am afraid you have bitten off more than you can chew. More than most any of us could chew. That is a about the most difficult graphic to convert to a carvable pattern that I have ever seen. I played with it for awhile and gave up.

aokweld101
09-02-2013, 07:35 AM
I' m grateful I missed around with this pattern I learned how to get the patterns on to a board ..thank you for the help...but if you say its too tuff do...it's to tuff to do...TIME TO ABORT !!!...lol..thanks bergerud !!!