PDA

View Full Version : Bit height error with the key hole bit

gbrown4
08-31-2013, 05:27 PM
I ordered the keyhole software and bit this week. It arrived on Thursday and I immediately installed it and tried it out on some 5/8" thick plaques I am making. The plaque has the Lutheran Rose and are 10x10 inches. I built a sled to not waste any of the walnut I am using. I made a separate carve for just the keyhole. Everything worked great on both plaques as far as the carvings and keyhole goes. I now bought some maple which is 3/4" thick and cut it to 10x10. I added a piece of 1/8" hardboard to make up the difference on my sled. I use blue painters tape to hold down the board in the jig, along the edges.

Well, I made a new carve for the 3/4" piece and tried it out. Now I am getting bit height error on the keyhole bit. I added a piece of heat shrink to the bit(same size of the 1/4" collar) and had it stop even with paint on the bit.

Can anyone give me some insight to correct the problem. All of my software is up to date and my machine has a whopping 7 hrs on the cut motor. Clean as whistle.