PDA

View Full Version : Flip this connected line vertically...

Ton80
08-31-2013, 12:19 PM
Ok CW gurus. Can someone explain to me why I can flip this set of connected lines horizontally but not vertically? If I'm missing something and I can flip this vertically, can someone please explain how this is accomplished.. right now hitting the flip vertically button does nada'.

I am building a cabinet and I need this set of lines to carve exactly the same on the left and right doors. This MPC is the left door.

Thanks!

John

bergerud
08-31-2013, 12:52 PM
It seems to be due to the two arcs. Make note of the radii and change them to segments, flip and then change them back to arcs. I do not know why arcs seem to be so much trouble. I am always converting back and forth.

Ton80
09-01-2013, 07:30 AM
Thanks, Bergerud... that worked fine and good to know for future designs. It is odd that the flip horizontally works but not the vertical flip with an arc.

gashawk
09-01-2013, 11:20 AM
Try mirroring horizontally and then hide the original pattern.

bergerud
09-01-2013, 12:03 PM
Good idea gashawk (you meant mirror vertically I think). How about this: mirror vertically, flip vertically, undo mirror, center vertically.

This is, of course some kind of bug, but it is fun to find a work around.

ktjwilliams
09-04-2013, 08:42 PM
Yeah I played with this problem for a while too ... It is interesting sometimes to figure out the work arounds ... I did mine before I read Dan and Gas solutions... Glad it worked out for ya .... Learning all the time up in here !!!