PDA

View Full Version : POM September

chebytrk
08-29-2013, 05:26 AM
Since I can't sleep... just looking for a "Teaser" for our next month (Sep) POM.

CNC Carver
08-29-2013, 06:07 AM
Jerry,

Don't you know it will be a holiday weekend. You'll have to wait till Wednesday. Get some SLEEP!!

chebytrk
08-29-2013, 07:46 AM
Sleep? Holiday weekend? Not me, I'm getting my "Dust Buggy" 4 wheeler ready for the upcoming parade on Monday. Being with the Shriner Clown unit this is the time of year when we start getting real busy with parades, hospital visits, special Olympics, special Rodeos and the State Fair (that one is a parade every day at 7pm for 28days). Then there's the planning for the Shrine Circus which I've been made "Circus Daddy". Gonna have 3 Circuses next year! Then of course my end of contract work with HP at end of September. Gonna have to start lookin' for a job again. Here I thought I was going to "chillax" as I got older and retiring twice! riiiiggggghhhtttt ! LOL ;)

Jerry,

Don't you know it will be a holiday weekend. You'll have to wait till Wednesday. Get some SLEEP!!

Smoken D
08-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Always clowning around? :D (I'm kidding ya)

CNC Carver
08-29-2013, 09:15 AM
Sounds like all you do is CLOWN around! Have fun sounds like a blast!

chebytrk
08-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Yup..... A "Funny" Band of Brothers...

Sounds like all you do is CLOWN around! Have fun sounds like a blast!

TerryT
08-29-2013, 10:45 AM
Sounds like a busy schedule. So, which one are you in the photo?

chebytrk
08-29-2013, 10:56 AM
I'm the one with the puppet (right side pic). I call him (puppet) "Woodchip" and that's what all the kids know him by although some call him Elmo or Animal. I go by "Sawdust" (duh?). haha I think Woodchip is the main attraction though. When I visit children in hospitals and they don't feel like talking, they just enjoy seeing him move around and act silly and like giving him hugs. Same when I visit kids that don't speak English and only speak Spanish, I let them know that he's Bi-lingual and we start to converse in Spanish. Yup.. Woodchip is a pretty good "ice breaker" with kids in getting them to open up a little. Don't know why it took me so long to figure out why I'm here and supposed to do! ha ha The guy right below me (Blue Hair) is SLUG. He's 86yrs old and always wanted to be a clown so we hooked him up. He uses a walker (which I made the walker license plate for.. thanks someone here on the forum) and the kids love him. His granddaughter says he moves so slow she gave him the name Slug! :D

ladjr
08-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Yup..... A "Funny" Band of Brothers...

Is that a picture from the Carvewright convention. Looks like fun

lynnfrwd
08-29-2013, 11:54 AM
I'm the one with the puppet (right side pic). I call him (puppet) "Woodchip" and that's what all the kids know him by although some call him Elmo or Animal. I go by "Sawdust" (duh?). haha I think Woodchip is the main attraction though. When I visit children in hospitals and they don't feel like talking, they just enjoy seeing him move around and act silly and like giving him hugs. Same when I visit kids that don't speak English and only speak Spanish, I let them know that he's Bi-lingual and we start to converse in Spanish. Yup.. Woodchip is a pretty good "ice breaker" with kids in getting them to open up a little. Don't know why it took me so long to figure out why I'm here and supposed to do! ha ha The guy right below me (Blue Hair) is SLUG. He's 86yrs old and always wanted to be a clown so we hooked him up. He uses a walker (which I made the walker license plate for.. thanks someone here on the forum) and the kids love him. His granddaughter says he moves so slow she gave him the name Slug! :D

That is all so awesome!

TerryT
08-29-2013, 12:14 PM

Very cool. A very worthwhile endeavor, and it sounds like you enjoy it as much as the kids!

rcdages
08-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Looking good, as all Clown should.

Old Salt
08-29-2013, 02:22 PM
Looks good for just clowning around!

eelamb
08-29-2013, 07:18 PM
Jerry you do a wonderful service for the kids and your community.

chebytrk
08-29-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks everyone, but boy did I "hijack" this thread or what? I started all this by asking for a sneak peak of next month's POM & ran this sucker off the track & down a dirt road! My apologies........ so..... here's hoping that Michael can toss out a sneak peek. ;)

aokweld101
08-31-2013, 09:51 PM
I just finished, last month's pom tonight, I need batteries for the camera in order to post it. I think maybe Micheal is hard at work making sept. pom or is in hiding....Idunno...lol

Capt Bruce
09-01-2013, 11:34 AM
My congratulations for all your group does JerryB. You made me smile just with the photo so in person it must be enjoyable for everyone who sees you and a blessing for the kids especially. There might be better things to do with our lives but I sure can't think of one. Bless your heart Sir.