PDA

View Full Version : drive belt gear probs

thaley
02-13-2007, 02:37 PM
does ennybody know in i can get a gear sent to me or if i have to send the whole thing in the track belt broke an got hung up caused the drive gear to chip a few teath got the belt in an started a nother prog an i heard the gear start sliping it is not working right now an i need it tohelp me

Ron Baird
02-13-2007, 10:10 PM
I think the whole motor will have to be replaced. That is not too difficult.
A broken belt is an unusual problem, Do you know what caused it to break?
Ron

thaley
02-14-2007, 10:01 AM
the belt move overto far maby or the seam losed im not shure it just made a mess of it had to take it apart to remove the belt an straten the slide plate moter works just need a gear wish these were metal with a miro i see thair is a e-clip holds it on shold be easy to fix

thaley
02-15-2007, 01:32 PM
this is the gear i need

Jeff_Birt
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
I am assumign you mean the motor that drives the sandpaper belts? Have you called CW to ask about a replacement?

thaley
02-15-2007, 07:12 PM
yes on monday still watting on chris to call i been of a week to play with mw cw an all i been able to do is look at it lol :o :roll:

Ron Baird
02-15-2007, 11:40 PM
I thought you were talking about the Y orZ belts. It would help if you described what part you are dealing with better. The sandpaper belts can be torn by a small chip of wood caught under the board ar something like a knot protruding from the board. Check the spring loaded roller that the belt rides on that it moves in and out against the springs freely. also make sure the drive roller gear lines up with the other drive gear. the aluminum bearing holders can be moved sideways to adjust this by loosening the small allen screws inthe holes.
Don't throw away the old belt it makes good sand paper.

Mike
03-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Doing a project and the sandpaper belt just disintegrated about one third out. Now I keep getting a check board alert. Are the 2 related? Does carvewright send out new belts under warranty?
Thanks Mike

Jeff_Birt
03-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I would guess they are related, the machine probably can't move the board properly. Do some searching on the forum aboutg checking the machine down pressure, if it is too high you can rip belts. I'm not sure if CW will warrenty the belts I would call and ask. They are only $10/set though.

Mike
03-24-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks Jeff I appreciate the info.