PDA

View Full Version : possible problem?

woodchip
08-23-2013, 09:59 AM
While lubing the flexshaft, I noticed there wasn't a lot of resistance when spun by hand. Does mean my cutting motor will be going out soon? I hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question.
Don

unitedcases
08-23-2013, 10:05 AM
When was the last time you changed your cut motor brushes? Shot in the dark...

woodchip
08-23-2013, 10:09 AM
can't lie, NEVER

lawrence
08-23-2013, 10:24 AM
how many hours on your cut motor? About 250 seems the norm to change them out

Lawrence

woodchip
08-23-2013, 10:32 AM
this doesn't seem correct, it said 19hr 22 min. does this reading come from the control panel? I wonder because I chanced out this panel with my new machine and sent the other back to be repaired.

Digitalwoodshop
08-23-2013, 10:46 AM
The Cut Hours Meter should be stored in the Computer... But I have been VERY wrong a few times with stuff like that...

Good Question Connie?

AL

unitedcases
08-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Didnt realize it was that new. Hmmm.

woodchip
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
Its not really that new, I've used it about 1 yr or so. Al are those the brushes I will need and is it possible to change them without removing the motor?

ktjwilliams
08-26-2013, 05:34 PM
Nope,,,, Gotta take the motor out ......

ktjwilliams
08-26-2013, 05:37 PM
And by the way there won't be a lot of resistance in the motor ... So if it runs good, go with it ... Next time U order any parts have a set or 2 of brushes thrown in ...

TerryT
08-26-2013, 06:57 PM
I agree with ktjwilliams. If it is still working it's probably fine. If you want to check your brushes pull the lid and remove the top one. Its easy to get to without taking anything apart. If it is down to about 3/8s of an inch or so get some replacements in stock.

Digitalwoodshop
08-26-2013, 07:12 PM
Yes, the brushes from LHR, CB 001 is the part number.

You can change the brushes with it installed but it is a real bear to get the lower one... You are pushing in the spring, trying to get the cap on.... The time I did it, I stopped and removed the motor...

Because the motor sucks air into the back cooling slots and through the motor and out the rear side of the 2 part fan, the motor collects dust.... If you don't have a dust collection system the more dust inside the motor... Dust in my opinion that is not good for the motor as it retains heat.

It is a slippery road removing the motor and opening it up and blowing out the dust.... Many things could happen like a wire snapping off... OR getting a wire in the wrong place and the spinning parts sawing it off... So it depends on your comfort level.... On my 5th time opening one motor I snapped a wire....

If you open the case, remember the screw inside the exhaust port.

Good Luck,

AL