PDA

View Full Version : Fossils

earlyrider
08-20-2013, 12:24 AM
64222 Huntonia huntonensis trilobite, Devonian age, Haragan formation, Oklahoma

lawrence
08-20-2013, 12:39 AM
very nice MPC- thank you for sharing it!

now you've just got to carve it about 5 feet tall to freak folks out ;)

Lawrence

diverdill
08-20-2013, 10:18 AM
The pattern will not come up!! It says it was written in a newer version of my software . Why the heck is it doing that? Ahhhhh!!! I just bought dxf and stl , i don't even know what the heck they do. I love a good trilobite!! Freaky little devils. lol

chebytrk
08-20-2013, 10:23 AM
Yup....... me too. I get the same thing about a newer version. I wonder if it was made in 2.0

eelamb
08-20-2013, 10:28 AM
We that do not have the newer software are already seeing this happen. If it is a MPC made with 2.xxx then we are out of luck.

peep
08-20-2013, 11:14 AM
Gosh darn it, I carve fossils too, but do not have 2.0 and can not see it.

lawrence
08-20-2013, 12:53 PM
This makes for a real condrum for those of us that like to share projects (not just patterns)

... I want to use the newest software because it is pretty awesome... but I want to be able to share things with others (doing so is a good part of the joy I get from my carvewright designing)

It's just frustrating... maybe future versions will allow you to open in the older versions but not use the actual new tools? (I'm just thinking out loud here) I don't know the answer, but do know that the number of versions/add ons etc feels convoluted to me and I know is causing frustration/questions from others (I field some of their questions as well as I can when I can but I obviously don't know what the future holds and am not a representative of LHR, just a customer and we are all pretty much in the dark as to what the future holds and when)

but again, really nice pattern

Lawrence

earlyrider
08-20-2013, 11:32 PM
For those without 2.0

Capt Bruce
08-21-2013, 06:59 AM
Earlyrider,

Thanks so much for sharing your great fossil MPC with those of us who have not been able to upgrade to the latest Designer yet. That looks like a great carving and I second Lawrence's idea of a five foot tall version! Now I need to find a full scale T Rex skull. Thanks again.

diverdill
08-21-2013, 07:29 AM
Thank you!!! A nice mammoth or mastodon , dire wolf, cave bear, sloth, fish, keep em coming!!!! Seriously can you do a megladon tooth, sloth claw? Just seek it in in between broken bones. lol Thank you for the post.

lawrence
08-21-2013, 08:03 AM
For those without 2.0

Thanks for taking the time to make a 1.xx version- that's a very non-self-serving act and I know a lot of folks appreciate it. (and if I can remember to do so, it'll always be a "thumbs up" from me!)

Lawrence

cestout
08-21-2013, 06:42 PM
I second Lawrence's comments.

RogerB
08-21-2013, 07:05 PM
I'll would also like to say thanks. :)