PDA

View Full Version : Placing question????

kennelmaster
08-19-2013, 09:10 AM
I want to soon do a litho. After I place the acrylic in my sled, do I "Jog to Position"? If so, where do I jog to?

If I am facing the keyboard, which corner do I start?

I know, dumb question, but don't want to waste on my first attempt by a dumb mistake.

Thanks

de PJS

fwharris
08-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Your acrylic should be flush with the top surface of your sled and if it is you do not need to use jog to position.

DickB
08-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Have you used a sled before?

kennelmaster
08-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Dick B, Yes I have but don't remember how I did it.
FW, My sled will be larger than the piece of acrylic...
thanks
pjs

DickB
08-20-2013, 08:45 AM
The reason I ask, there are two occasions that you might jog to position (the terminology might be different, I don't recall). One is to locate the bit in x and y, the other is to locate in z. If your acrylic is located in the exact center of your sled, and your project in Designer is the size of the acrylic, you can Place On Center and avoid the first jog. Another option is to make the project board in Designer the size of your sled, then you can Place On Conner.

As fwharris said, if your acrylic is flush with the top of your sled, you don't need to jog to get the z position. But for best accuracy I would do it, and jog to the approximate center of your acrylic. Certainly do that if your acrylic is not perfectly flush.

kennelmaster
08-24-2013, 06:08 AM
Thanks all.