PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Ed Baker's Rotary jig -12 dowels + carving bit - $160 includes shipping

lawrence
08-18-2013, 11:52 PM
I got this in trade from Ed a while back and simply don't have the time to put it to use.

I opened the box, read the instructions, and then put everything back in the box without having used it and
now that my retirement/rv trip is pending I don't think I'm going to be able to bring it with me on the trip.

It seems a shame to see this jig not being used and I'd love to sell it to someone that has the time
to put it to proper use

$160 includes shipping via parcel post inside CONUS US and a new in the package Type A/B 1/16 carving bit
(will work in QC chucks or with aftermarket chucks such as the Rock-- these do not have the pressed on
adapters for C-model machines)

I'm willing to ship to Canada/elsewhere but PM me so we can figure out the cost for shipping.
The package is 6 x 16 x 20 and weighs 18 lbs

I accept Paypal, check, or money order - PM me to claim purchase

Thanks in advance and please let me know if you have any questions,
V/r
Lawrence

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/ldr_klr/f3d19555-8871-4e9c-8e6a-bc5322e96841_zps8f3ac8dd.jpg (http://s171.photobucket.com/user/ldr_klr/media/f3d19555-8871-4e9c-8e6a-bc5322e96841_zps8f3ac8dd.jpg.html)

lawrence
08-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Jig is sold (pending payment)

Lawrence

diverdill
08-19-2013, 01:02 PM
I wish I had seen this earlier. I would like to have this. Who sales these? Is there somewhere I can order one? thanks Sue

lawrence
08-20-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm sorry, I don't know where/if they are still for sale. Ed's site is still up so maybe you can contact him there?

V/r
Lawrence

diverdill
08-20-2013, 07:31 AM
Lawrence, who is ed? I haven't found the members list button. A found the blog that shows what is being done with carvewright. I really fell in love with the elixir sign and that wine chest!!! Seems nobody monitors that site. I was hoping for patterns. My old bottles would look good in the wine chest, and the sign is perfect. I think I can copy the sign, as soon as I learn how to stick two boards together.lol
The chest only pattern found was a tiny little recipe box.

lynnfrwd
08-20-2013, 07:40 AM
Ed no longer makes or sells the rotary jig.

lawrence
08-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks for the update Connie- Sue, I'll keep my eyes out if I ever see another for sale and will let you know if I do.

V/r
Lawrence

Chay
08-20-2013, 08:11 AM
A link to Ed. http://www.edscustomcarved.com/Home_Page.php

I think he has been ill.
Chay

bergerud
08-20-2013, 09:39 AM
Ed no longer makes or sells the rotary jig.

I wonder if this is a temporary halt in production because Ed is sick or if Ed has quit altogether. He has referred people to my prototype on the forum which makes me think he has quit altogether. If he really has quit altogether, he may give permission to release the plans. It is an easy enough apparatus for any woodworker to build.

zan29
08-20-2013, 09:59 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhh I was looking for one..........guess I'm too late!

rcdages
08-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Good idea bergerud.

I missed out on one myself.

bergerud
08-20-2013, 11:59 AM
I have sent Ed an email asking (if he is not going to manufacture the jig anymore) that he might sell the plans on his web site or give us permission to make plans and share them. Hopefully he will post a response.

rcdages
08-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you bergerud.

diverdill
08-20-2013, 05:23 PM
I went to Ed's site. Very nice canes. Did he do those on the carvewright with his jig? I WANT ONE!!!!! My husband got me some cedar perfect size for canes, would love to be able to do those. I would be a hit at the christmas family get together. Bergerud what about your prototype is it ready yet?

Digitalwoodshop
08-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Ed contacted me very early and sent me pictures... I was SO Excited about the Concept... I told him to go directly to LHR with it... He did and the rest is history.....

Similar to this UV LED Printer I drool over wanting... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYUcasOuiCE

Only $40K LOL.

AL

bergerud
08-20-2013, 08:38 PM
Cool printer. Gives me ideas for a different type of rotary jig.

bergerud
08-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I have exchanged emails with Ed and the good news is: Ed is planning a come back of some kind. I do not think, however, that he wants to start manufacturing them again himself. He may find someone else to manufacture them or he may simply start selling the plans.

I think members who what his rotary jig should send him an email. The longer the list, the more Ed will be motivated to arrange the come back!

(If someone is interested in the job of manufacturing the jig or its parts in some kind of partnership with Ed, send him an email. It might be just the solution he is looking for.)

Edit: Find his email on the page http://www.edscustomcarved.com/

edzbaker
08-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Thank you Dan. You are correct.
Soon I will offer "Instructions for building my Rotary Jig" with "Instructions for using my Rotary Jig" along with "Instructions for Cane-Making, using a rotary Jig".
All of which will be delivered via e-mail. I will also offer a "Rotary Jig hardware KIT" which will have all of the needed components EXCEPT for the wood used to build your Rotary jig -Or- you could buy the components elsewhere.
As for my health, I am slowly recovering from a massive heart attack, and serious complications due to the medications I was given.

NOTE: I don't want to mislead anyone, The canes on my website were NOT made using a Rotary Jig for Carvewright.

Thank you,

chebytrk
08-21-2013, 04:31 PM
Glad to hear you're doing better Ed. Take it easy and take care amigo. JerryB

Thank you Dan. You are correct.
Soon I will offer "Instructions for building my Rotary Jig" with "Instructions for using my Rotary Jig" along with "Instructions for Cane-Making, using a rotary Jig".
All of which will be delivered via e-mail. I will also offer a "Rotary Jig hardware KIT" which will have all of the needed components EXCEPT for the wood used to build your Rotary jig -Or- you could buy the components elsewhere.
As for my health, I am slowly recovering from a massive heart attack, and serious complications due to the medications I was given.

NOTE: I don't want to mislead anyone, The canes on my website were NOT made using a Rotary Jig for Carvewright.

Thank you,

Digitalwoodshop
08-21-2013, 10:36 PM
Ed,

Glad to hear you are doing better too....

I was thinking about the Video Jig I posted above. I thought a jig frame that had 4 sleeves that let the frame part with attachment points for the round stock could ride up and down on the 4 smooth posts. And when the head is cranked down, with a set of 4 springs on the 4 posts between the head and jig is held to the sand paper belt carrier board when cranked down.... Like the video... Just a alternate design. I like the O' Ring idea too...

AL

edzbaker
08-22-2013, 06:39 AM
I have finished the "Instructions to Build Ed's Rotary Jig". $40 for All of the documents listed above (in my last reply). Contact me from my website for additional info.

thank you

Smoken D
08-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Glad to hear you are working back. My heart attack was 11 years ago. Tuesday I was running a pole chain saw to cut limbs out at the kids camp I volunteer every week and ran that saw for around 4-5 hours. Bit of hard work for my age, I think:confused: Therapy, Therapy, Therapy, do what the doctor says, take the time to come back and hopefully with the Lord's blessing back at it again. Oh yea, spent 3 hours yesterday collecting all them limbs to haul to the fire pits via tractor. When I first woke up from the 5 by-pass surgery, I just decided since the doc didn't kill me on the table, the rest was up to me.:D

TerryT
08-22-2013, 08:34 AM
I have finished the "Instructions to Build Ed's Rotary Jig". $40 for All of the documents listed above (in my last reply). Contact me from my website for additional info.

thank you

Ed,
Glad to see you are doing better. Good luck not only with the health issues but on the new build instructions.
Hope to see you back here more often.

lawrence
08-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Ed,
Glad to see you are doing better. Good luck not only with the health issues but on the new build instructions.
Hope to see you back here more often.

+1 - great to see you around.

Lawrence

rcdages
08-22-2013, 10:42 AM
Pleased to see you on the forum and glad you are getting your health back.