PDA

View Full Version : How to run designer on 2 computers?

Rob Mulgrew
08-18-2013, 03:02 PM
I have been running designer on my laptop but we just got a desktop computer yesterday. I used the disc I received with the machine to install designer but it is only a trial version now. How do I set this up to run on 2 computers? Thanks

TerryT
08-18-2013, 03:53 PM
Download the latest version from the Carvewright site. Call carvewright customer support and ask them to set up the 2nd license for your desktop machine.

fwharris
08-18-2013, 04:24 PM
You might be able to register the second computer just by entering your machine ID just like you did when you registered the software on your lap top. Since you loaded designer from the CD make sure you have the most up to date version by selecting the "check for update" from the help tab..

lynnfrwd
08-18-2013, 06:16 PM
If you have licenses available, select register online, "I already have an account" all you need is customer account username and password (and available licenses)

Rob Mulgrew
08-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Thanks! Back up and running on the new desktop but ran into another problem. This desktop is a few years old and does'nt have the fonts I was using on my laptop. Anyone know if there is a way to download all the fonts that come with say a new version of MS word?

fwharris
08-19-2013, 12:57 PM
Not sure but I would think you could copy (burn to a cd) the fonts on your lap top and install onto your desk top...