PDA

View Full Version : Y axis stall

ONLY WINGE
08-17-2013, 03:25 PM
:???: I keep getting a Y Axis stall ERR E05-03-0303 I can not seam to find anything wrong. Can someone PLEASE explain and help? From Alaska Jim

bergerud
08-17-2013, 04:06 PM
There must be 20 reasons for a y axis stall. You will have to provide more information about how and when it happens and what you have checked. What you were carving if it happened when carving...

henry1
08-17-2013, 04:52 PM
you can email me send private message to me and go from there I am in Ontario Canada

Digitalwoodshop
08-17-2013, 07:33 PM
How Many Cut Motor Hours? 450 then have you ever replaced the Y Gearbox 2 little 685ZZ bearings? If not, the shaft may have worn and the big plastic gear is tilted.

Any roller rail bearings frozen

Have you removed the rear cover on the Y Servo Motor Encoder... I found dust in my encoder...

AL

jlkoehn
08-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I have had the same thang happen to me a couple of times I only have 33 hrs. on mine! The other thing I wanted to know when it does that is there a way to start the carve again from the place where it stalled? I was in the middle of a big carve and I don't want to have to start over! Anyone with some help?

fwharris
08-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I have had the same thang happen to me a couple of times I only have 33 hrs. on mine! The other thing I wanted to know when it does that is there a way to start the carve again from the place where it stalled? I was in the middle of a big carve and I don't want to have to start over! Anyone with some help?

One method to recover from a stopped carve is to modify your mpc file with a "0" depth carve region over the area that has already been carved. Size the region so it covers the majority of the already carved area. Resave it with a new name and upload to the card. When you restart the new carve you will probably have to run strips of tape across the width and length of the board to fool the board sensor for the measuring steps, center the tape on the board so that it will be under the senor. At the start of the carve the machine will take a while to actually start the carve and it thinks it's way to the area to start carving...

jlkoehn
08-18-2013, 08:27 PM
Thanks fwharris will give it a try as I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.