PDA

View Full Version : Pop up

Canemaker
08-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Is anyone else having problems with pop-ups on the forum site? This hasn't been
a problem in the past, but all of a sudden I'm getting pop-ups that really destroy
my search.

SteveNelson46
08-16-2013, 06:32 PM
Is anyone else having problems with pop-ups on the forum site? This hasn't been
a problem in the past, but all of a sudden I'm getting pop-ups that really destroy
my search.

Go to http://www.malwarebytes.org/ and download Malwarebytes. After installing run a full scan. Takes a little while but, it should clear up any malware causing the popups.

peep
08-16-2013, 09:55 PM
None on a Mac

CarverJerry
08-17-2013, 11:24 AM
Steve has the right first move. Sounds like malware on your puter. I want to say thanks to Lawrence for telling me how I can view the forum the way it used to be. All of a sudden all I got was the latest posts, this is what he told me, click on "Whats New", then click on "New Posts".... you will get the old format of the forum like it was before, just an extra step. Not sure if everyone else was just getting it like I did but I really didn't like it, and being old I guess I just didn't figure it out on my own.
Oh one more thing Canemaker, I scan my computer about once a week with Malware Bytes if I do a lot of browsing on the net. Malware Bytes is FREE, I also use Avast antivirus Free home edition....have used it for years and NEVER been hit with a virus.

bergerud
08-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I want to say thanks to Lawrence for telling me how I can view the forum the way it used to be. All of a sudden all I got was the latest posts, this is what he told me, click on "Whats New", then click on "New Posts".... you will get the old format of the forum like it was before, just an extra step.

I do not like the new format either. (Also old!) What I do is click on "Forum" instead of "Whats New". Then either "New Posts" or "Quick links" -> "Todays Posts".