PDA

View Full Version : machine or program?

woodchip
08-14-2013, 05:57 PM
For some reason everytime I use centreline, a problem pops up. this time with a perfectly flat board,head pressure at 80 lbs, bit up all the way,using a c model machine and a 90 degree bit. my carve started out great but as the carve went on the carve got lighter and lighter until the bit only scratched the board. Any ideas?
thanks
Don

chief2007
08-14-2013, 07:37 PM
Can you post your project file?

lynnfrwd
08-14-2013, 08:47 PM
Dirty encoder?

Digitalwoodshop
08-14-2013, 09:03 PM
OR the FSC Cable has a broken wire too..... Yes, it's a "C" and should not be bad yet... but it is just thin copper.... Also the Encoder Disk spinning on the shaft....

BUT COMMA, you mention it is just when doing Centerline.... that brings about a Whole new set of possibilites... And the most common is that the V Bit is Shorter than the Carving Bit or Cutting Bit and when you have a V bit loaded the Z Head must go down into new area... Like the first car tracks in NEW SNOW.... It is Possible that you have a LUMP of Dust on the Z Roller Rails in a position LOWER than the Carving Bit gets to reach.... OR same thing with the COG BELT....

Encoder Test....

Put head up against the Upper PIN Mechanical Stop. Keyboard.. Options, Sensor data, Z Data. When you start up the Z Data the display is 0000 since it just Counts Pulses.... By putting it up on the top pin you have a 0000 starting point. Then Down and Up MANY times by hand... Return to top pin.... All is GOOD if it reads 0000 at the top.... Get another number.... Huston... WE have a Problem.... So that would point to the Encoder.... Dirty or slipping....

NOW.... We can test the FSC Cable in the SAME test.... Just "Gently" move the head left and right while moving the Z OR just move the FSC Cable... Be Gentle....

AL

woodchip
08-14-2013, 10:30 PM
Thanks, that will give me something to do in the morn.