PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Carvings

Dwayne
08-09-2013, 07:17 AM
1.) I just purchased a keyhole bit and license and was about to try and put a keyhole on the back of a previously designed plaque. When I tried to upload project a window popped up and tells me,

" The following carvings are hidden, or have zero depth: Keyhole...[OK] [Cancel].

Is this an error, can I just continue or is something wrong ?

2.) How will the project proceed? will the machine prompt me to flip the board ?

Thanks, Dwayne

chief2007
08-09-2013, 07:39 AM
Simple answer:

It is telling you that the Keyhole depth is set to zero. Adjust the depth of the keyhole. Default is .325, when you make adjustments to it, the setup can default the depth to zero

When set up properly, the machine will ask you to load the back of the board, then measure it, then ask for the keyhole bit and cut the keyhole. The machine will then prompt you to flip the board in order to carve the front side. then follow the prompts as usual.

Can you post your project? We can double check your set up that way.

Dwayne
08-09-2013, 06:29 PM
Here's my project Chief..I tried to change the depth but it didn't keep it:confused:

Digitalwoodshop
08-09-2013, 07:57 PM
I am guessing... Any chance the Key hole is puncturing the front carving?

I would remove the keyhole and try again to see if this is just a zero something on the front? Just for a test...

When ever I have had the strange error like that, I rename the project and delete one item and try to load again..

Going back to the first file and renaming again before deleting something else until you find it...

AL