PDA

View Full Version : New Member........

Gary
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Hi, All,

Nice to be a member of this fine community! When I heard of CarveWright last month, I called around to all the Sears stores and found a machine in Chattanooga, just a half hour down the road. Bought it, of course!

I've made lots of simple alpha-numeric signs, and I'm working on learning the software, not easy for me. The flexible cable ran hot right off the bat, so thanks to all of you, I lubed it with gunk moly. Runs cool now.

I came here from Michigan and I feel sorry for the gals and guys up there this winter!!

Best regards,

Gary

pkunk
02-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Welcome, Gary. :D Enjoy!

Julie Coffey
02-12-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi and welcome from one of the two notorious gals in 'frozen' Michigan. Grats on your tool purchase. How about some photos of what you've done? Everyone likes photos. :)

The Bard
02-12-2007, 11:24 PM
No no, you have it all wrong.

you're supposed to start with a complaint about the machine and threaten to turn it back in if we don't call you NOW and fix it NOW...

who's been training this guy?

:evil:

IM2HAPPI
02-13-2007, 12:55 AM
Welcome Gary
Im the "Other" Michigander gal here. It hasnt been that bad just last week got a tad cold. I was surprised we were colder than Alaska though.
I love my machine too thats whats helping me through this winter. Hey I have a friend in Friendsville, has alot of sassafras over his way. Caves great. Been to the GSM many times, love it doen there.

MikeW
02-13-2007, 06:40 AM
Have some faith Bard sometimes your chinese mfg. Might accidentally get it right the first time.

Mike

The Bard
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I'll have to do something about that...

oh, just recorded a voicemail finally but leaving a message will most likely go into the blackhole of unanswered calls.

use option 5 where possible.

Bill Kearns
02-13-2007, 08:52 PM
There will be various woodworking shows arond the states. Is CW plan on showing the CW at any of these shows? One is coming up at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa. Would love to see it work. :D

FdxGuy
02-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Nice to be a member of this fine community!

Dang, we must be moving up town and attracting more evolved new comers to the forum!

Gary, as a former Cheesehead who now lives near Memphis, I am not missing winter at all this year.

Welcome to the club.

Gary
02-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Thanks all for the welcome! Bard, I'll give you a call tomorrow if I can get through and swear at you just so you'll feel normal. Barb and Julie, I hope the storm didn't hit you too hard. My grandkids are in Fort Wayne, IN, and got hit hard.

To pkunk and fdxguy and others, thanks for the greetings. I'll be picking your minds, as I'm not very computer literate. My brother is cad/cam engineer and has been helping me out with 3d modeling, but he's going to China next week, so I'll be trying to figure out stuff on my own.......

Wish me luck, and expect to hear from me soon!!

Gary

The Bard
02-14-2007, 12:19 AM
David just got back from Florida doing a show hehe...

I got sweared at today! hmmmm

BobHill
02-14-2007, 08:28 AM
Where was the show in Florida. How did I miss that, Bard? Shush !

Bob

adoni
02-20-2007, 06:20 PM
Good day all!

I am a semi-proud owner of a CompuCarve. I say semi because just as others have read in other posts my machine is DOA out of the box. I didn't buy it brand new and it did power up when I got it. The status of the machine said that it was used only 2 hrs and 28 mins.

I do have faith in CW and LHR and they will get my machine carving in no time. I have a ton of ideas for projects. One in particular are disc golf trophies. I plan on posting a trophy I've designed in the gallery section.

I know my machine is not functional but I have high hopes. Thanks CW for hosting the forum and I can't wait to share projects with others.

adoni

BobHill
02-20-2007, 10:55 PM
Adoni,

That logo should be a good one to start with too. Let us know what you really get started and "show and tell" your projects.

Bob

CallNeg151
02-20-2007, 11:32 PM
After months of lurking, I couldn't resist, and plunked down money at my local Sears this last weekend. They say they'll have my unit tomorrow. I can't wait to start complaining! :-)