PDA

View Full Version : Clear Board Sensor issue, reading "0"

PCent
08-06-2013, 01:58 PM
Having the infamous "Clear Board Sensor" issue. I have done the search on the forum, and done the white paper trick. The strange thing is the board sensor is always reading "0", even when white paper and cranked all the way down. But when i go to measure the width of the board (under "options"), sometimes it kicks back "can't find edge" and sometimes it measures it just fine. Some boards have no problems, and others seem to give me trouble - all the same color.

Maybe it might be a loose connection? I replaced my FSC cable about a month ago, so dont think that's it. Any ideas?

-Peter

fwharris
08-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Make sure the fsc cable is not loose in the connectors.

Digitalwoodshop
08-06-2013, 08:27 PM
I would replace the FSC Cable if you have one on hand. My 4th machine that I bought started out like this post... Zero or Intermittent Board Sensor. He had changed it the previous week. When I asked him to change it again he refused and went on a troubleshooting blitz and between a few calls to LHR and other help from here he got SO frustrated he sold me the machine.... Got it here and saw that when he changed the FSC Cable he made the TOP length just slightly SHORT. SO when the Y Head went over to the Bit Plate it pulled the FSC Cable TIGHT... It eventually RIPPED the lower few wires in the FSC cable. I changed the cable correcting the length and it works no problem...

I have not tried this yet... But I will... The Board Sensor has 2 IR LED's like a TV Remote Control... and a Sensor between them... To test, I want to use a TV Remote and a CD or Mirror and direct the pulses into the sensor and see if it is alive...

Another test... White Paper like you did... THEN Gently move the flex... Might make it work then not work...

A damaged FSC circuit board connector too....

Check the PLUG on the TOP of the Y Truck, the 4 wire cable top connector Board Sensor up to the Circuit Board...

Here is where buying a spare 4 wire Board Sensor Cable would come in handy... Plug in a Spare Board Sensor into the TOP jack with the extra 4 wire cable...

From the OLD pictures you know the wires can PINCH... IF the Signal wire pinches then that would give a Zero reading.. IF the Power Wires pinch, then you get the Open cover problem too as it takes out the 5 volts....

LOTS of Ramblings... But my first bet it is a broken FSC Cable and if you move it while monitoring it that might come back and go away.

AL