PDA

View Full Version : Size problem with equal size board

WIWoodworker
02-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Can anyone help? I was attempting to make my second project (a picture frame); however, even with a board cut to the defined size board, I still get a miniture version of my project on that board.

I've included the project and a picture of the "junk".

-Brian

WIWoodworker
02-12-2007, 08:38 PM
Here's the picture of the miniture version (I didn't let it finish).

pkunk
02-12-2007, 08:45 PM
You have your mpc board (project) at 8 x 10. What size board did you use? What prompts did you observe prior to cutting?

menewfy
02-12-2007, 09:23 PM
i suspect you answered the following question with a yes

stay under the rollers

if so then you can expect the machine to reduce the size unless you have an extra 3.5 inches on either end of the piece you are trying to carve.

so if you select yes then make sure if your project calls for 10 inches you insert a piece of wood that is 17 inches long. or you could say no when asked that question the only issue with that is some people reported chip out on the end of the board.

play with it and see what yoiu think remember there is a learnign curve and if you give the people here enough information they should be able the help you thru it.

good luck

WIWoodworker
02-13-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks you are correct, I did answer to stay under the rollers. It would be nice if that 7" rule was documented somewhere. Sure glad I didn't waste a piece of nice wood while I'm learning (the hard way).

Thanks for all your help!!

BobHill
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
I personally never opt for the "stay under rollers" and just always (try) to have the actual wood 7" longer than my actual carving/cutting project. Thus the wood on my design can be set to whatever and I don't have to clip it down to project design size. Perhaps I'm mistaken (not the first time), but when you set your design dimensions (wood) in Designer, that's what you're telling the machine your design requires and that really may not be so, which means you need to have 7" more than whatever you put your design on in Designer. Anyone found different?

Bob

HandTurnedMaple
02-13-2007, 08:55 AM
3rd paragraph, page 23 of the manual. :wink:

BobHill
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
What manual? Who ever got a stinking manual ? Who needs a stinking manual ? :twisted:

Bob

Ron Baird
02-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Your corners appear to be largrer than your board size at least on the 10" measurement, which won't work well.
If all else fails read the instruction!!!

HandTurnedMaple
02-13-2007, 10:06 AM
I didn't actually read that section until after I made that mistake too. Then I threw open that manual, hoping to find a reason to start screaming at someone and there it was. Made me even madder... :lol: