PDA

View Full Version : cutting templates

lightc
08-03-2013, 06:11 PM
I'm using a board 24X13.5 inches. I want to cut out a rectangle in the center of the board in order to turn it into a template. I input the exact measurements of the template (11X8 inches) and the CW goes right to work...cutting a template out that is 8X6 inches. I have no idea why it is not cutting out the measurements i've inputted on the project. anyone know what i can do?

bergerud
08-03-2013, 06:16 PM
Did you answer yes to stay under the rollers and then yes to scale? The CW will scale (if you let it) to keep the board under the rollers. Try it again and answer no to stay under the rollers.

mtylerfl
08-03-2013, 06:19 PM
I'm using a board 24X13.5 inches. I want to cut out a rectangle in the center of the board in order to turn it into a template. I input the exact measurements of the template (11X8 inches) and the CW goes right to work...cutting a template out that is 8X6 inches. I have no idea why it is not cutting out the measurements i've inputted on the project. anyone know what i can do?

Hello,

The following article may help explain this further...

ISSUE 18 March 2009 – Scaling and How to Avoid It! (http://www.carvewright.com/assets/tips/CarveWrightTips_and_Tricks_Mar09.pdf)

Digitalwoodshop
08-03-2013, 07:28 PM
Answered above.

The old 7 inch rule of wood.... Tell the machine to stay under the rollers and it WILL even if it means taking 7 inches of wood away from you...

Find Tips and Tricks for MORE good tips in preventing pilot error.

It's just knowing what the machine expects... Tips and Tricks will help.

AL