PDA

View Full Version : 40's harley Davidson Logo

edzbaker
02-12-2007, 06:56 PM
As a teenager I had an OLD 49 model Harley 3 wheeler, and if memory serves me right, it had this same logo on the gas tank.

poteetjr
02-12-2007, 09:48 PM
What program do you use to open PTN Files?

HandTurnedMaple
02-12-2007, 09:48 PM
You import them into Designer. Right-click in your library and select import.

Semper Fi
02-13-2007, 03:30 PM
I've tried for hours to get this import. The only way I can display it is to select 'all files'. When I try to open it into the import image, I get a 'format error'...."the file you selected is not a recognized graphic format" Anybody have any ideas?

Ernie

BoardSilly
02-13-2007, 03:50 PM
You did use WinZip to extract the PTN file from inside the compressed file first..... didn't you?

Semper Fi
02-13-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm not sure..... I down loaded the file and then clicked on 'open'. This brought up a screen that said ' Harley-Davidson OLD' and had an option of 'extract all files'. I chose this option and it opened a file in My Favorites called Harley-Davidson OLD.ptn. When I try to import this file, I get the error.

I've tried so many ways today to get this thing to work that it's getting hard to remember what I did when............... Did I mention I'm not the sharpest stick in the woods? :oops:

Ernie

edzbaker
02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Ernie; Open the Designer program.
click the pattern icon, (the shell)
on the right side of your monitor "Right" click" on the word favorites.
choose IMPORT
Locate the place you have the Harley-Davidson old.PTN file on your computer (where it was placed when you un-zipped it)
DOUBLE "LEFT" Click on the file.
You should now be able to find it in designer pattern FAVORITES.
and should look like this photo.

I hope this helps

Semper Fi
02-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Ed, Thanks for the response. I just came over from the woodshop and I think it's brewski time! I'll hit this again tomorrow, after the snow plowing. We are supposed to get @ 24" tonight............. Sure is nice to be retired!!!!! :D

Ernie

PS. This makes sense to me..... that's kinda scary!!

Semper Fi
02-13-2007, 08:56 PM
Ah heck, I couldn't go to bed without trying this............. YAH, it worked!

One more stunbling block overcome! Thank you, Ed !!!!!

Ernie