PDA

View Full Version : Opening .geo files

Wood Art 1
08-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi. I have had a CW for about 6 months. Had lots of fun learning software & hardware - still learning. Have about 400 graphic files from a laser program (.geo file extension). Is there a program that will open these and convert them to a file that will work in Designer?

lynnfrwd
08-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Not familiar with it. You might try taking it back into the laser program and seeing if you can import to .stl, .dxf, jpg, bitmap, png, mng, xpm or giff file formats as these are the only ones that can be imported. STL & DXF, of course, require the Importers advanced feature.

Wood Art 1
08-02-2013, 04:24 PM
Don't have access to the laser program anymore. Hoping to find a reasonably priced conversion program.

fwharris
08-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Found this one .. know nothing about it.. http://www.openwith.org/file-extensions/geo/1219

lynnfrwd
08-02-2013, 04:48 PM
This is evidently .geo files from Trumpf Trutops software for a laser machine. I couldn't find a converter, but other forums indicate (and it makes sense) that these are 2d paths for laser cutting, not 3d.

dbfletcher
08-02-2013, 05:18 PM
If you want to post one, we can take a look at it. I think there is a fair change it is just g-code, or possibly even just hpgl formatted specifically for the trumpf

Wood Art 1
08-02-2013, 06:02 PM
Almost everything I have done, 10 small projects, started as photographs, or logo's from websites. The example shown was my first project. It was from a color decal. A 2d path saves me creating the line drawing. Some really neat images in the geo files. Tried the Link from fw. It is XnView photo Editor, says it will open geo files. Hasn't worked yet, still working on getting an answer about that. Will figure out how to post a geo file.63885

fwharris
08-02-2013, 06:09 PM
Great job on your "first project"! Like I stated I did not do anything with that link I posted other than find it. I did see some posts about the file format on a couple of links to solidworks but most of the talk was ^ my head.

To post a non forum file format you can zip the file.

Wood Art 1
08-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Here is an example of the geo files.63886 I am not sure what it is since I can't view it.

dbfletcher
08-03-2013, 05:55 PM
It is just a text file. you can open using notepad. I"ll look for a converter. Since the file format is so simplistic, I would think surely someone has coded one.

Doug Fletcher