PDA

View Full Version : Handling special orders at shows

dehrlich
08-01-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm wondering how you all handle special orders you take at shows. Do you collect a deposit at the time of the order? Knowing that it may be a few weeks before they get the item, do customers have a problem with this? If you don't get a deposit, do you have a problem with ppl backing out when you contact them a few weeks later to talk to them about it? Just curious about how others do it. Thanks!

RogerB
08-01-2013, 07:21 PM
I go half down. Most times have no set time to do the work. Contractors work with my work load . Walk in's understand they are not the only one's ordering.

chebytrk
08-01-2013, 07:50 PM
I also go with taking a deposit of 1/2 down either cash, paypal invoice from me, or credit card (using Square on my cell phone). This way it kinda locks in a order. I then proceed to make everything in Designer & take a "screen shot" to email out to customer. We then start working together & setting everything in place on the project. Once all is agreed on, I use that final email as a "GO" from the customer to proceed in making the project. After completion the remainder is paid on delivery. So...... so far, so good & it's working for me.

chief2007
08-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Yup, minimum of half down, most people I deal with will pay the full amount up front even though I only ask for half. I also have the customer approved the design so they can not say that's not what they wanted when its done.

dehrlich
08-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Another question.... I'm doing up some cribbage boards. Do you include the accessories with them, or just sell the board? I don't even know what the accessories are, have heard most use golf tees. Opinions?

fwharris
08-04-2013, 09:07 PM
I don't even know what the accessories are, have heard most use golf tees.

Here is one site that sells cribbage board accessories and I am sure there are many more places as well.

http://www.cribbagesupply.com/plainpegs.html

I will let those that are selling them chime in on if they include the pegs and cards or not...