PDA

View Full Version : some signs

easybuilt
07-29-2013, 01:31 AM
I have been very busy with signs and wanted to show you a few of them that I carved last couple weeks with my Carvewright. Hopefully it will give you some ideas. I have also carved several other large signs with my new 50" X 26" cnc, you can see those on my Facebook page. I have so much to learn but so glad I have my Carvewrights for the smaller signs.

chebytrk
07-29-2013, 06:05 AM
Very Nice Tom. Look great!

aokweld101
07-29-2013, 06:14 AM
hi Tom, good to see your busy, I been looking at facebook just to see what You been doing You've been staying busy you have great signs going on, keep up the good work keep turning and burning !!!!!!

lawrence
07-29-2013, 08:02 AM
What a great business you have going- thank you for sharing your pics with us.

Lawrence

zan29
07-29-2013, 09:38 AM
Very nice!

easybuilt
07-29-2013, 09:46 AM
Thank you so much for your comments. Yes I have been very busy, I recently hired a high school junior to help me out. I love the variety of sign request I get. The two white sign are 34" .

rcdages
07-29-2013, 12:28 PM
As always Tom, wonderful job on the signs.

t147
07-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Tom you are a "Sign Fanatic". Love your work, designs, and finishes. Good inspiration.

SharonB
07-29-2013, 06:37 PM
Gosh! I was just thinking I hadn't seen any of your work for awhile. Thought maybe your wife got you to go on vacation or you were having some rest time. But, I see I was wrong... you haven't been out of the shop much lately have you.

Geomoo1
07-29-2013, 06:48 PM
Great signs, Tom. Love your work.

kcc2012
07-30-2013, 01:50 AM
Your signs are great. They always inspire me.

easybuilt
07-30-2013, 09:19 AM
Sharon, I have been busy learning my new software for my larger CNC. Here is a couple signs I just finished on it. These are 24 X 30"

jamescwatts
07-30-2013, 09:39 AM
Great job!

TerryT
07-30-2013, 10:19 AM
Mighty impressive Tom!
Can your new machine carve faster (given the same size, type, etc) than the carvewright?

aokweld101
07-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Tom, great job as usual, Your getting quite good at your painting!!

Capt Bruce
07-30-2013, 10:59 PM
Tom,
You keep right on inspiring us week to week. Following your great guidance on establishing a website from the Conference and I hope some day I can be even a quarter as productive as you. Started a new line this week you helped inspire with just a brief comment to Chris outside one day. Details after it is better developed.
Thanks again for the inspiration you provide and keep on carving!

easybuilt
07-31-2013, 07:39 AM
Thank you Capt. Bruce and Terry T for your kind comments. I am can glad I have inspired you Capt. Bruce, You can do anything you want to achieve when You have the desire. Can't wait to see it. Terry It does carve a little faster. I can easily adjust the speed and the quality is always the same. Just can't push it too fast.

judgejrt
07-31-2013, 10:46 AM
beautiful great painting

Proctorw
07-31-2013, 05:06 PM
Second on the painting. I have searched the forum for "Painting" tips, but would love it if "easybuilt" would share his secrets on painting, types of paints, techniques, etc. Nothing elaborate, just a paragraph or two to start with.

easybuilt
08-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Thanks proctorw for the kind comments. I use Home Depot premium plus ultra paint samples that sell for only $2.89 each and cover very well. They can match any Sherman Williams color chart if you are trying to match a color. I start with the dark background and build from there. I add more layers to get the colors I am looking for. I look up what I am painting on Google images to give mean idea of the right color tones. I have a color wheels to combine colors to get the tones I am after. It is always fun to try something different and if you make a mistake you can paint over it. At the conference Michael Tyler introduced us to Sculpt Noveau which I have been experimenting with. this opens up so many new possibilities. Sharon showed us 2 years ago the conference the awesome possibilities of using interference colors. I use Liquitex and it adds so much shimmer to my colors. There are so many talented people on this forum that can help you to achieve the results you want. It just takes patience's, trial and error. I hope this helps a little.

Proctorw
08-07-2013, 09:55 PM
Thanks Tom. I feel like I can build something if I can design/or see it. Never had issues with finishing, but never really played around with paint much. My wife is the "Creative One" when it comes to colors, her quilts shows her talents off. Unfortunately, I think I inherited my "Color Knowledge" from my Dad who would wear a green and red plaid shirt with orange and brown plaid shorts, black socks and dress shoes. Your tips along with what I have read here from Sharon is very helpful. I also took someones advice (cant remember whose) and signed up for the websites signds101.com and 3dsignforum.com. Hopefully with what I learn on these 3 forums, I can hope to get close to making some signs close to the quality you do. Thanks for sharing your work.