PDA

View Full Version : Red line on the quick release chuck

IM2HAPPI
02-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Was just wondering what that red line on the quick release chuck was for?
I did notice this in the beginning when inserting a bit adapter for the first time. I figured it needed to face outward, but could not **** the collar. Turned red line 90 degree's to the left and collar cocked ok, but turning red line out collar automatically came out.

Did I miss this in the manual? Im seeing some others were having problems in this area.

Another question... What keeps the bit adapter from spinning in the chuck ? Im thinking like a sewing machine needle you have one flat side on the needle to hold it in place.
Or like a screwgun the bit adapter is hexagon to keep them in place...Just curious. Actually was going to take a mirror and look up there but figured I'd ask here first just in case I couldnt see up there.

IM2HAPPI
02-13-2007, 01:03 AM
Maybe you can get some tech down down in Texas to answer it lol

Marzluf
02-13-2007, 06:25 AM
Not sure about the red line..... Haven't noticed it a change based on position.

As for the adapter - the allen screws hanging out each side are what keeps it from spinning.

Cliff
02-13-2007, 08:12 AM
It's an alignement mark with the one stamped inside the chuck. On an earlier post someone showed how the two marks line up when the chuck is loaded with a bit adapter installed. If you are not having problems loading or unloading the bit adapter then there no need for consern. If you are then the way the marks line up may point to the problem.