PDA

View Full Version : How long do the bits last?

lanceWynn
02-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Hello All,
I just bought my machine, it should be here in a few days. My first project is some crown moulding for some doors. I am going to make about 25 mouldings, they will be 4" wide, and 36"-48" long. I am going to make them out of MDF. They will be kind of rounded edges with a fancy profile, and a keystone in the middle with some sort of picture (Deer, Elk, fruit, whatever)

Does this sound like I will be able to get through all these with just one bit, or will I need to buy more?

Also, how long do you suppose it will take the machine to cut this many pieces?

Lastly, does anyone have any sample moulding projects that I can look at, or are there any that come with the machine? I had the demo software, but it expired, and I can't check it till I get my machine.

Thanks
Lance

tim1216
02-20-2007, 01:08 PM
First off the bits are supposed to last 400 to 600 hours (thats what the rep told me when I bought my first one) From experiance I can tell you it will take abought 3 hours or more per peice that you are trying to make. It all depends on how much detail you put into it. And also what quality setting you have it at. I have done similar prodjects at best quality and thats where I get my time frame from. It doesnt seem to matter what kind of wood you use because the machine doesnt go any faster or slower based on the type of wood you use. GOOD LUCK..