PDA

View Full Version : Changing paramiters on free patterns

carpenter
07-25-2013, 09:08 PM
I have been playing with some patterns that I used from pattern share and also some pics from my computer in the patterns from pattern share these are patterns people have designed and shared, ( nice patterns) my question is the way the pattern appears in designer is that how it will carve with all the routing and stepping or do I need to make sure it is drawn on the board by me. Please excuse all my questions this is all new to me and I really want to learn and be successful at this so all input is welcomed.

lynnfrwd
07-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Share one of those on here so others can look at it too. If you carved it post photo of carve too.

fwharris
07-25-2013, 10:47 PM
In most cases the way you see it in designer is how it will look when carved. It is a good idea to zoom and rotate the board to for a true look at how it will carve.

If your looking at any project (MPC) files that have been posted some might have design elements such as "edge rout" , "pierced" or others. The best way to view what has been designed is to open up the "carving list" from the "view" tab. This will display everything on the project board. Selecting the items in the carving list will highlight it so that you can view the setting that have been applied to it.

If you are viewing patterns (PTN) files they will have a default depth when being applied to the board. You can adjust the depth, height, size and rotation to fit your design.

Keep on asking away and make sure you have read and viewed all of the tutorials and tips and tricks found in the support section on the main CarveWright site..

carpenter
07-25-2013, 11:32 PM
When I am cutting will the cw tell me when to changes bits and which ones to use if in mpc and how do I find the difference in mpc and ptn after it is saved to file or favorites