PDA

View Full Version : Sears Sales Part 2!!

Universal-e-Network.com
02-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you (all who posted to the previous topic) for NOTHING!

In fact, I am a Sales Associate with Sears, I do run my own sites and have a side business also. I did not post a topic here to get bashed by the lesser evolved of us!

I came here for some help and received nothing. I really don't care what your views are about someone working more than one job and running his own sites, it has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I simply need some help.

And to respond to your ignorance, about going to my boss' for help, THEY KNOW LESS THAN I DO ABOUT THIS MACHINE AND HAVE NO IDEA WHAT OR WHO TO TALK TO!

I am responsible for giving my customers accurate information, to the best of MY ability, about any product they may be interested in, that includes the CompuCarve!

So, I'll ask again, and if all you have to add is negativity, then just don't reply, too easy...

Can you assist me?

Thanks

pkunk
02-12-2007, 09:37 AM
This is a forum for users of the machine. If you wish samples or have other questions involving sales you should go direct to Carvewright. Their contact page is on their website.

Universal-e-Network.com
02-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I appreciate your input, but my point here, is to get responses directly from the users of the machine. To be honest, if the machine, as is, is garbage, I'm going to say just that to my customers. I don't want someone spending that kind of money on something that's not going to work the way they expect it to. However, if the machine is excellent, out of the box, then I will say that. I want to be completely honest with my customers, because $2000 is a lot of money and shouldn't be spent if they don't know what they are getting. I'm currently reading the manual that I downloaded from the CW site and getting a lot of useful info from it, but like I mentioned, I would like some testimonials, if you will, to give to my customers. Thanks again for the input.

Jeff_Birt
02-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Robert,

Boy, you sure will get loads of people offering to help with that attitude! Your previous post was locked by me ( one of the moderators ) because it looked suspiciously like other spam posts that had been sent to the forum. I even asked you to respond if it was not spam, as that is something a spammer would not do. Provideing an email address unrelated to Sears (without explanation) only lead to the suspicion.

Most of the people on the forums are machine owners, some are very knowledgable, some are brand new owners. To denegrate the same group of people that you wish to seek help from is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't belive you were 'bashed', everyone was just being cautious. If you are searching for information about the machine why not start with the manufacturer, LHR Technologies, who operate this forum and www.carvewright.com. It seems that would be the route to provide the most accurate and pertanent information. (note their phone system has been acting a bit screwy and you may need to try a few times to get through)

If you are searching for examples of what has been done with the machine spend a few minutes looking at the 'Gallery' forum. It is a great machine and I'm glad you are making the effort to learn about it. If you have some specific questions about the machien that would be a good place to start.

from "One of the lesser evolved of us" :lol:

Universal-e-Network.com
02-12-2007, 09:47 AM
lol, I do appologize, I was a little upset at the responses I received. I didn't look at it the way you just mentioned, as spam. I put my own email up, only so I would get it directly to my computer, not my web mail, where most emails are filtered. I meant no offense to anyone and appologize for the comment.

I understand that I can get all the hyped up info through LHR and other venues, however, I want first hand knowledge of the machine from people who are using it.

I realize this is a forum for owners of the machine, which is why I came here.
I thank you again for your input.

Robert,

Boy, you sure will get loads of people offering to help with that attitude! Your previous post was locked by me ( one of the moderators ) because it looked suspiciously like other spam posts that had been sent to the forum. I even asked you to respond if it was not spam, as that is something a spammer would not do. Provideing an email address unrelated to Sears (without explanation) only lead to the suspicion.

Most of the people on the forums are machine owners, some are very knowledgable, some are brand new owners. To denegrate the same group of people that you wish to seek help from is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I don't belive you were 'bashed', everyone was just being cautious. If you are searching for information about the machine why not start with the manufacturer, LHR Technologies, who operate this forum and www.carvewright.com. It seems that would be the route to provide the most accurate and pertanent information. (note their phone system has been acting a bit screwy and you may need to try a few times to get through)

If you are searching for examples of what has been done with the machine spend a few minutes looking at the 'Gallery' forum. It is a great machine and I'm glad you are making the effort to learn about it. If you have some specific questions about the machien that would be a good place to start.

from "One of the lesser evolved of us" :lol:

The Bard
02-12-2007, 10:05 AM
Evolution is overrated.

bobreda
02-12-2007, 10:08 AM
First off, LHR is not your typical manufacturer. They stand behind their machine like no company I have ever known. If you have a problem with the machine, and you will someday down the line, they willdo all in their power to help resolve it. I have personally spent hours on the phone with one of their techs to try and resolve problems. They don't hype.
#2 some of all machinery will have problems out of the box. You work for Sears, has this ever happened to them? Its how you stand behind your product that counts. And believe this next statement or not -$2000 for a CNC machine is cheap. And this is what you are getting. And it includes the software. Software for cnc machines can cost up to $7500. Does it do what it claims it can do, yes. Most problems encountered are operator error. Remember this is a cnc machine, if you think you are going to pull it out of the box, plug it in, scan a picture and carve it with great results, you are mistaken. You will need to become knowlegable in graphics. Jo Jantz is doing a fabulous job on this and his site trying to teach us all about this. And that leads to the final strength, these forums. Here you get all the knowledge from day one. There wher 200 of us beta testers of the machine. What every one oof us went through is recorded here someplace on this forum. It wasn't always easy but we came through it. And LHR tech took all the negatives that came through the beta testers and improved their machine. What can it do --Look through the gallery and print out pics and then show them to your customers. I'll make you samples for $50 an hour plus material if thats what you want. Hope this answered some of your questions and may make you better informed about this product. By the way, I also have a Shopbot that is way more expensive than the carvewright.

Bob

Universal-e-Network.com
02-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Very informative. Thanks so much for the input. I am scrolling through as many of the topic posts as I can to get a better handle on the machine. As I am not a CNC programmer, I don't know much about the industry when it comes to the machines and it's software, so thanks for info on the inexpensive quality of the machine. I have sold 4 of these machines myself, and one customer in particular loves it. (His wife won't let him touch it), they have made some incedible pieces and is in the process of making something for me to hang up near the CC in the store.

Believe me, I'm not trying to get lazy here and just pick your brains as to what this machine can do, I am working hard to gain as much knowledge as I can about the CC, but keep in mind, I sell thousands more products in my dept. than just the CC. So it's a work in progress on my end.

And hey, thanks again for your information, I really appreciate it Bob.

Robert

First off, LHR is not your typical manufacturer. They stand behind their machine like no company I have ever known. If you have a problem with the machine, and you will someday down the line, they willdo all in their power to help resolve it. I have personally spent hours on the phone with one of their techs to try and resolve problems. They don't hype.
#2 some of all machinery will have problems out of the box. You work for Sears, has this ever happened to them? Its how you stand behind your product that counts. And believe this next statement or not -$2000 for a CNC machine is cheap. And this is what you are getting. And it includes the software. Software for cnc machines can cost up to $7500. Does it do what it claims it can do, yes. Most problems encountered are operator error. Remember this is a cnc machine, if you think you are going to pull it out of the box, plug it in, scan a picture and carve it with great results, you are mistaken. You will need to become knowlegable in graphics. Jo Jantz is doing a fabulous job on this and his site trying to teach us all about this. And that leads to the final strength, these forums. Here you get all the knowledge from day one. There wher 200 of us beta testers of the machine. What every one oof us went through is recorded here someplace on this forum. It wasn't always easy but we came through it. And LHR tech took all the negatives that came through the beta testers and improved their machine. What can it do --Look through the gallery and print out pics and then show them to your customers. I'll make you samples for $50 an hour plus material if thats what you want. Hope this answered some of your questions and may make you better informed about this product. By the way, I also have a Shopbot that is way more expensive than the carvewright.

Bob

The Bard
02-12-2007, 10:46 AM
I know all about working after work hehe.

Malfunction
02-12-2007, 06:20 PM
if the customer buys 2 machines, bard will sing a song for them. i'm sure that will make them fly off the shelves. :P

The Bard
02-12-2007, 11:20 PM
it'll make the people fly out of the store at least.

FdxGuy
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
if the customer buys 2 machines, bard will sing a song for them. i'm sure that will make them fly off the shelves. :P

I bought two machines.... still waiting on my song!!!!!

Signed,
a now disgrunted, no song getting, less evolved example of woodyness.
(I will trade my song for some of those back ordered bits!!)

The Bard
02-14-2007, 12:17 AM
they're already in... though I don't know how many...

sorry.

Universal-e-Network.com
02-14-2007, 07:53 PM
I bought two machines.... still waiting on my song!!!!!

Signed,
a now disgrunted, no song getting, less evolved example of woodyness.
(I will trade my song for some of those back ordered bits!!)[/quote]

:lol: I'm glad you guys have a good sense of humor! lol, I really feel like an idiot now.. :oops:

The Bard
02-15-2007, 12:40 AM
I'm the only officialy "idiot" here, thank you. :x